• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite/least favorite part of tattoo's?

so odd question but i was wondering what part people like best and hate most about getting a tattoo.....

i just finished my newest a week ago and i have to say the worst part is the part that im at right now... the itching faze!!!! massive tourture!!

the best part is when your endorphines kick in and your on a total body high realizing oh crap do i want this for the rest of my life?!

Blueyes

Registered Member
Actually what gets me is having to sit for extended periods of time because I never get small ones or if they are somewhat small there is so much detail that I still end up sitting for hours. It gets uncomfortable for me with my back.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Hmm.. There really isn't a bad part to me because it all seems so worth it!

EDIT:

Well actually, I think the worst part was during my last one. It goes really far down my back and the place did not have any private rooms open so I was out in the open on this table with my pants pulled down in front of a bunch of guys, and because it took 8 hours we had to take a bunch of breaks so I had to walk around with my pants down with a papertowel shoved in them to cover my crack to go find my friend in the waiting room whos tattoo only took like 45 minutes.. woops =)

Last edited:

Summer

Registered Member
The worst part is the healing period when it goes itchy and drives you mad. Also the next morning when you wake up and find that it has dried and stuck to something in the night and you have to very carefully peel it off:-o [shudders]

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
The best part is that rush that comes while getting it. The worst part is definitely the itchy healy phase. AAAAH torture!!!!

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Hmmm, well I went to a rough High School and I got it done on my 18th birthday so I was letting it air out by wearing basket ball jerseys and beaters. Problem is, that meant free reign and all my tough guy friends hit my shoulder as it was healing whenever I wasn't paying enough attention to bob and weave out of the way. The accumulation of those hits split the healing process and scarred so they are parts of my tatt that are elevated. This is probably the only thing I hate about my tattoo because people tell me I should get it touched up but sometimes I kind of like it, it reminds me of where I was then and how it was to survive. It made an already personal addition to my body even more personal.

What I like about it is what it meant for me, especially at the time I got it. It is a bio-hazard and there are several different meanings for me personally, but the main one being that it is supposed to be a warning. Can be hazardous to humanity given bad exposure :2guns:

Last edited:

Rectify88

Registered Member
Yeah I'm on the Itching phase now. This is the third time I went for one tattoo because of the detail. The best part if when it will finally be done and it will be the only on like it in the world. It's a great feeling, and I'm proud that I did good in one shot. Plus it's color so thats just a lot more pain.

wolfheart

Registered Member
The healing is the worst,been about 10 years since my last one and if i think about it i can still feel the itch!.
For me the anticipation of getting it is best,im hoping to get one within the next month,just waiting for the design to be finished up.

What I like about it is what it meant for me, especially at the time I got it. It is a bio-hazard and there are several different meanings for me personally, but the main one being that it is supposed to be a warning. Can be hazardous to humanity given bad exposure :2guns:
i always heard that biohazard symbles on guys means they have aids..... thats just what my friends have always said

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
i always heard that biohazard symbles on guys means they have aids..... thats just what my friends have always said
Wow, not only have I never heard of that, but it sounds like some real misinformed shit to me. Then again, I'm not very familiar with the aids community, so maybe that's what it means to some people. Talk about wearing it on a shirt? So Ummm... no it does not mean you have aids.