• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XBOX Original Favorite/Least Favorite Halo 2 Maps

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Favorites - Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek, Elongation

Least Favorites (more like i hate them) - Ascension, Foundation, Terminal, Gemini, Waterworks, Relic, and most of the other big maps

dk_rare

Registered Member
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Maps

I like the big maps, but I really don't like that one that is all open corridors all high up in the air, can't remember what it is called, maybe lock out?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.

Yeah, that's Lockout. It's easily the best designed map in the game and has lots of room for strategy in team games. Maybe the most balanced map, as well.

dk_rare

Registered Member

It is good with a mix that has sniper rifles and nades, very fun, I will admit : D

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

I thought the old maps were better at least for 4 on 4. Some of the new ones are WAY too big. It's fine if all you do is play on LIVE, but a lot of them are too unrealistic and just random. I like the ports of the old maps the best.

dk_rare

Registered Member

Whats that map with the big wheel in the middle? That is the best one, is awesome for team games, sneaking that bomb up, the flags... just awesome, such a good size too

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.

Andrew said:
I thought the old maps were better at least for 4 on 4. Some of the new ones are WAY too big. It's fine if all you do is play on LIVE, but a lot of them are too unrealistic and just random.
Most of the maps are a good size for 4 on 4 as long as you're using battle rifle starts. The SMG just blows. The problem with almost every map in Halo 2 is that they're so unbalanced, and random, like you said. I don't like how the power weapons don't respawn. It's way too easy to control them, and then the other team doesn't have a chance.

dk_rare

Registered Member

They just did a rebalance of the game recently, no? Like changed how powerful some weapons are, took certain vehicles out of certain maps and such. I havn't played it since before the update, but is it any better now?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.

They did that a while ago. They made grenades and melees more powerful, and fixed a few glitches, but the game is still extremely unbalanced.

CrispyCocaine

Registered Member

I dont like half of the maps in halo 2 and I diffently dispise Backlash,

My favorite Map is Lockout though.