• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite Lawn Game?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
There's a ton of great lawn games out there. Millz gave me the idea for the thread with his lawn jarts thread. It got me thinking about which lawn game I prefer to play the most. I know that I've played plenty of them. Croquet, volleyball, tag, king of the hill, horseshoes, cornhole, jarts, frisbee, ultimate frisbee, and frisbee golf are all games that I've played.

I think that horseshoes is my favorite. It involved a great touch and a lot of skill to score more ringers than others. It can be played on a team and it's cheap. All you need is two steaks and four horseshoes.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Washers and Lawn Jarts are my two favorites I gotta think.

We also play something called "Ultimately Extreme Croquet" every year at my grandma's picnic. I won this year and won a sweet trophy for it haha

dDave

V.I.P.
Ultimately Extreme Croquet? That sounds amazing. How is it played?

There are a few lawn games that I really like.

-Horseshoes
-Croquet
-Corn Hole

We've been talking recently about adding horseshoes to the yard, all of us here really like the game.

We play corn hole all the time, I think I mentioned that in another thread.

As for croquet, it's been a few years, we have a set though and I like it. It's just really annoying because the grass has to be really short and even to play. Colorado lawns are not known for this. :lol:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha it all started in my grandma's backyard. We decided to put the wickets in weird places...like in the middle of the concrete and if you missed it would roll away. Or in corners where you had to hop over different obstacles.

Its become ridiculous fun for us and people take it fairly seriously.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd say the number one for me is washers. I've told Millz that sometime we have to get his set outside and play with some beers on a nice Saturday.

I don't play these games too often though....used to play Croquet for fun as a kid. Badminton is a lot of fun too actually.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
We don't play a lot of those lawn games, unfortunately. I wish my family would set up cornhole or washers or something like that. Our lawn game is very vigorous and not relaxing at all...volleyball. That shit wears me out, but it's good to get exercise, I suppose. lol

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't played lawn games in a long time. I use to like to play badminton or horseshoes. Couldn't ever get my family interested. I would buy the games and they would play maybe twice.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't know what exactly counts as a lawn game. When I was young we used to play everything on the lawn, like have water fights, play soccer/cricket etc. But I don't know if they actually count as lawn games or not.

I don't remember what it's called, but I used to love those poles with a tennis ball on a string hanging off it, and two people stood on either side and hit it to each other.

This

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Tether Ball is what we called it.

I forgot to include catch. The only lawn game I played most often was catch with my dad or siblings.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I really enjoy playing ultimate frisbee or a pickup game of football or soccer or something, but those can be pretty competitive and I'm not sure I'd even consider them to be lawn games. They're more so things you go to the park to play. Most lawns around here aren't big enough for them.

My favorite lawn games are definitely horseshoes and frisbee. Horseshoes CAN be competitive, while frisbee isn't really a game. But both of them are laid back enough that you can play them with a beer in hand.