Favorite Ladder match?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What would be your favorite ladder match of all time and why? Please don't use a TLC match since technically it's not a ladder match.

Mine would be Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho at the 2001 Royal Rumble for the IC Title.

This one is a CLASSIC in every sense of the word. The very reason it is number one is because the pacing is much, much better then both Michaels-Hall matches. I liked most aspects about this one better then the previous ones involving them.

Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit wasted absolutely no time getting things going as both men gave each other shots in the middle of the ring, the brawl had begun and didn't stop till Jericho captured the IC title to become the New Intercontinental Champion to end the brutal war.

Some of the best innovative offense you`ll ever see with the ladder mixed with the best bumping in my opinion. This is not only my favourite ladder match but I consider it to be the very best just ahead of the famous Hall-Michaels series in 94 and 95.

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Do TLC matches count?

I'd also rate Benoit vs Jericho very high as well, it was definitely the most nail biting, jaw dropping ladder match I've ever seen.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Without counting the TLC matches, I can't really remember any ladder matches very well. I had a tape of one of the ladder matches back around the attitude era, maybe Triple H and The Rock? I remember Chyna being ringside. Not that it was great, or any good for that matter but it is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Haha.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

The very first ladder match between Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels would probably be my favourite. Two of my favourite wrestlers ever and the level of surprise was great for the match as it was like nothing the crowd had seen before.

Jericho vs Benoit was an amazing match aswell, but i think my second favourite would go to Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy for the Undisputed Title on RAW. I loved every second of that match. Undertaker was pretty much unstoppable at the time and the crowd was so behind Jeff it was unbelievable. He put in a great event and it showed that he could hang with the big boys. Plus i loved the ending when Jeff taunted Taker to come back and Taker raised his hand. One of my favourite RAW moments!