Favorite job you've ever had?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yooperchick, Sep 17, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

Sparked by another thread...

Favorite job you've ever had?

My favorite job (and no laughing!) was working at a farm when I was 16. I got to drive my dad's pickup truck (so cool) and I got to pick green beans and grade tomatoes. It was hard work, and I was paid by how many I picked or graded. I prefered that payment method over hourly wage.

There's a local farm I buy produce from and I have to resist the urge to ask if they need any help every time I go :)

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I was a web developer for a local computer sales company. The people there were great, and that's why I liked it. Otherwise the web stuff was just like any other job, but really it's the people you work with that make or break a job. ;)

I also enjoyed working at PayPal for similar reasons. The only reason I quit that job was because I wasn't able to get off of the graveyard shift unfortunately. :(

3. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

It is my current job. I am a webmaster/web designer. It is the people that make the job. I have so much work to do, some days I feel buried. But it is nice to work with people that are fun to be around.

4. don_Alexio

don_Alexio New Member

my best job: selling newspapers when i was 16-17 i guess :) it was kind of fun.

5. MarketBoss

MarketBoss Registered Member

I think it's funny that everyone always talks about their first jobs. My favorite job was to walk dogs for weekends and earn a few bucks, it was easy and great excercise. That was a LONGG time ago though. :)