• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite "in the zone" song?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Eye of the tiger is cool. A little slow on the uptake and lathargic in the middle, but still a generally good overall theme. "Gonna Fly Now" is pretty cool. Still from the Rocky soundtrack, and thats the song I used on the GC Tournament video, which was hilarious when I hit the solid wall after slipping through that one tight spot. God that was fun doing that.

I think I'm going to need a new song to keep me motivated during the current competition, and it goes a little something like this....

*arhem*

*LET THE POST-COUNT HIT THE FLOOR! LET THE POST-COUNT HIT THE FLOOR!*
LET THE POST COUNT HIT THE FLOOR!
LET THE POST COUNT HIT THE FLOOR!

DO-DO DO DA-DO-DO-DO DA DO-DO
DO-DO DO DA-DO-DO-DO-DO
DO-NU-NU-NU-NU NA-NU-NU
DO-NU-NU-NA-NU NU NU-NU.....*

dk_rare

Registered Member
Most videogame music comes to mind for me, when I find "background music" appearing in my mind, for life situations. A lot of Goldeneye and Chrono Trigger music, CT has amazing music, I have the OST cd set which I have found to be worth it's weight in diamond. Bjorks Army of Me I also find myself thinking, it just seems to be a song that can go on and on without losing meaning, great stuff

EDIT: Also Zelda music : ) Whenever my boss calls me in his intimidating office, my mind runs the Zelda boss fight music. I have to tell you, it really gets your senses sharp, having that song in your head during a stressful situation!

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Ofcourse, Eye of the Tiger! How could I forget that? Always a good song to get "In the zone."

Wrecked

Registered Member
Jasper McVain - Revv Me Up

it's the "work out montage" song featured in Ventrure Bros [ which is a great show btw ]. it has a straight up 80's workout music feel to it, it's awesome.

"let's get together and number our sores"

Pianobone

Registered Member
Nebraska's Fight Song. "Go BIG RED!"

and, like a lot of you- video game music. "Final Countdown" by Europe is a cool song.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Boogie Pimps "Sunny" never fails to change my mood and make me want to clean my flat up a little more, does that count?

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
The Wisconsin Badgers play Jump Around before the start of the 4th quarter and everybody in the stadium starts jumping up and down. It's pretty crazy.
You are so lucky. I can not wait until my semester at Michigan so I can catch some Big Ten football.

My songs are, Korn- Right Now. Ayumi Hamasaki- Boys and Girls. ESG & SlimThug- Put Ya Hands Up. Keane & Travis- * A few of thier songs*

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
RossDude said:
Actually, Navras is the song that samples Neodammerung. All of Neodammerung was designed specifically for the final fight, so I think you're getting the two mixed up.
And yeah, Juno Reactor did help out on a lot of Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions scores...Neo vs. Seraph ("I must aporogize"-), the 100 Smiths Burly Brawl, Mona Lisa Overdrive highway scene, and the on-the-ceiling club fight which is titled Tetsujin. I think there are a few more, but that's all I can remember. Obviously, I'm a big fan of the Matrix score, as much as I am of the movies.
Ok, that makes sense, although as far as I know the people who did the 100 Smith fight were "Overseer" and the song was titled "Supermoves." I don't know what relation they have to Juno Reactor. That was the song from the trailer at least, and I could have sworn it was in the movie too for that scene?

No, the 100 Smiths fight is called "Burly Brawl." It was done by Don Davis and Juno Reactor. I had the Reloaded soundtrack, so I'm sure of this. You can even check some samples on Amazon.com.