• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favorite Hitchcock film?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Easy question, what film by Alfred Hitchcock was your favorite?

Growing up it was Birds for me but then I saw a few others and I have to say its "Rear Window" for me. I liked Psycho and North by Northwest as well but for some reason I really enjoyed Rear Window.

Yous guys?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Oh man Rear Window was amazing. We probably watched that in Mr. Leasner's film class haha. I'm a huge fan of North by Northwest too. Both of them had a great mystery aspect, Hitchcock was a master of suspense. If I had to pick one of those, which is really difficult, I think I would go with Rear Window. Jimmy Stewart is a favorite of mine, and I liked the psychological aspect to the film. I need to watch both of these again soon.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh man Rear Window was amazing. We probably watched that in Mr. Leasner's film class haha. I'm a huge fan of North by Northwest too. Both of them had a great mystery aspect, Hitchcock was a master of suspense. If I had to pick one of those, which is really difficult, I think I would go with Rear Window. Jimmy Stewart is a favorite of mine, and I liked the psychological aspect to the film. I need to watch both of these again soon.
We definitely watched it in that exact class, haha. I know we watched Rear Window and North by Northwest in it and maybe Birds? I don't think we watched Psycho but I might be wrong. We watched at least 3 Hitchcock films.

And I agree, definitely need to watch Rear Window again. North by Northwest was on AMC a few months ago and I watched a little bit of it before I fell asleep.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Rear Window, Vertigo and The Birds are easily three of the best films I have ever seen. However, I have to go with Psycho. That film started my love of Horror films.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Dial M For Murder, Vertigo and Pyscho are my top three. I liked Spellbound too, but I thought it was too surreal for my taste.

Birds, on the other hand, I find incredibly overrated.