Favorite Herb

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Do you have a favorite herb that you like to eat/cook with your food?

My favorite is cilantro. I have looked up recipes that have cilantro for the sole purpose of being able to use it.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I may be the only person here who eats more cilantro than you do. I've even grown it in my back yard. Wouldn't call it my favorite herb, but it's the one most often found in my food.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I use more spices than herbs. I do like provençal herbs (mixture of herbs from south of France), chives, thyme, parsley, etc.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not a huge fan of cilantro to be honest with you, I don't like the smell of it either.

MY favorite herb is parsley, I put on a lot of food when I am cooking, it has a good taste and it smells really good. It's great on pasta.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I like cilantro too, quite a bit, but my favorite is basil. Can't grow it to save my life though. wtf
My favorite is basil too. Can't grow it either, whenever I try it always ends up all long and woody, then dies :-/

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
I use spices more than herbs while cooking, but I do use parsley fairly often with pasta.

I am extremely sensitive to cilantro, and I really can't tolerate it. Even if there is only a tiny amount in a dish, it will be the only thing I can taste :urp:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm curious about cilantro because of the replies here. I did a translation search and found out it's what we call as coriandre. Still it's not something common I see here. Which recipes uses it as main herb (any simple recipe recommendation)?

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I'm curious about cilantro because of the replies here. I did a translation search and found out it's what we call as coriandre. Still it's not something common I see here. Which recipes uses it as main herb (any simple recipe recommendation)?
I thought I was just stupid because I didn't have a clue what cilantro was, but it's just coriander. Uh, I'm surprised so many of you like it so much, I can't stand it, and don't know of many people who actually like it