TV Favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoon character

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Marvelous1, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

I grew up watching Hanna-Barbera cartoons. HB is my favorite cartoon studio. Who is your favorite HB cartoon character?

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I'm torn for the moment between Snagglepuss, Ranger Smith, and Sniffles the dog (Scooby's snack-loving prototype from "Quick Draw McGraw").

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

It's been a long time since I watched them, one of my favourites was Hong Kong Phooey (he was one? wasnt he, if my memory serves me correctly)

A few of my other favs were Jonny Bravo, Dexter out of Dexter's laboratory and Scooby out of Scooby Doo.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I loooved Hong Kong Phooey when I was younger :D definately one of my favourites, though I think my no.1 would have to be Top Cat. Muttley & Barney Rubble are other notable mentions.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Josie and the Pussy Cats ... the band. I like them because I love Archie Comics, haha. The Smurfs are good too.

6. KarlW

KarlW Registered Member

Growing up in the late 1950s, Hanna-Barbera was my favorite cartoon studio, too. Among my favorite characters: Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear,
    Mr. Jinks, Hokey Wolf, Wally Gator, Quick Draw McGraw, Snagglepuss, Snooper, Blabber, Augie Doggie, Elroy Jetson, and Snuffles (all voiced by the late, great Daws Butler).

Don Messick (Boo Boo, Astro, Scooby-Doo, Muttley, Ricochet Rabbit, Papa Smurf, etc.) was another terrific voice actor at the HB studio.

Talented writers like Warren Foster and Mike Maltese and the music of
    Hoyt Curtin were other vital ingredients that made those cartoons so
    memorable. Producers Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera gave us so many hours
    of entertaining cartoons, and (thanks to DVD) they can be enjoyed now by a whole new generation.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Snuffles, right. I always do that. Sniffles was a mouse and a Chuck Jones creation. It's interesting to see think of Sniffles when comparing the mouse from "Tom and Jerry" under Jones to the original from MGM's H&B.

I also like the father from the Hillbilly Bears clan (seriously, is he stoned?) and any voice work that Jean Vander Pyl ever did.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Jokie Smurf. He was the shit.

My parents used to call me "Jokie" because of all the pranks I used to play on them when I was younger.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

OMG Nix! Jonny Bravo and Dexter were my favourites too! I'm going to have to Youtube them now.

10. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

It is a toss up between Quick Draw McGraw & Huckleberry Hound