• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3ds Favorite DS game and why?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What is your favorite DS game? Don't just name a game, be sure to tell why! :)

I'd go with Mario 64 DS hands down because Mario 64 is one of my favorite games ever made. It's so immersive, and was one of the first solid platform games released. The DS version is better than the N64 version by far, and aside from minor gripes (such as making some stars easier), it's easily my favorite DS game.

I should mention that it's the only DS game I own, and the only DS game I've played, so I'm a bit biased on this subject. It's single-handedly the only reason I bought a Nintendo DS. :D

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What's different about the DS version? Mario 64 was one of my favorite N64 games, and I keep hearing how awesome it is for DS.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's more like DK64, meaning you have to use different characters to get certain stars. You can play as Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, and Wario. Instead of having multiple caps for Mario, there is just one cap. If you unlock the cap, then each character can get it, but it does different things depending on who gets it. For example, Mario = Fly, Luigi = Invisible, Wario = Metal.

It's annoying though because they could have done so much more with it. The old invisible cap moat area level is still there, but with no cap switch, as is the metal cap cave, but no switch. I think it would have been better if each character had to unlock their own cap.

The game has been dumbed down in some areas, but has some new challenges as well. Overall I like it better, but unlike Mario 64, where there was nothing to complain about, the DS version seems like the new stuff was rushed in order to make the game available for launch. Still worth getting though.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
My favorite is Warioware: Touched. It's just about the only one I've played, and I just love that nonstop micro-game action.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Favorite DS game...

Ive been sittin here for 10 minutes trying to figure it out, needless to say, I couldnt settle on just one.

Yoshi Touch and Go: Completly controlled by the touch screen, really easy to play, but hard to master all modes.

Mario 64 DS: Mini Games... helps me pass the time when I am waiting on something.

Mario Kart DS: Classic Mario Kart Gameplay, with alot of new and Retro tracks... AND WIFI

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Im stuck between MK:DS and AC. Right now I would have to say MK is in the slight lead. However, these two have definately made me want MK and AC for the REV ASAP.

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

This game is a step in the right direction. Its hopefully the rebirth for adventure games in the gaming market, a game that makes you think about all the possibilites that the world can offer. Anyone who likes thinking for once has to play this game.

Second would have to be Advance Wars: Dual Strike.