Favorite DragonBall Z Saga?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Mirage, Mar 16, 2008.

?

Favorite DBZ Saga?

1. Saiyan/Vegeta Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Namek Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Captain Ginyu Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Frieza Saga

18.2%
  5. Garlic Junior Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Trunks Saga

18.2%
  7. Android Saga

9.1%
  8. Imperfect Cell Saga

18.2%
  9. Perfect Cell Saga

9.1%
  10. Cell Games Saga

18.2%
  11. Great Saiyaman Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. World Tournament Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Babidi Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Majin Buu Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Fusion Saga

9.1%
  16. Kid Buu Saga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Which is your favorite DBZ saga and why?

I've included a poll with the 16 sub-sagas as split up in the English dubbed version. It's more specific than Saiyan, Freeza, Cell, and Buu Sagas, which are the official 4 sagas.

I'm not 100% decided just yet but I really liked the Namek and Android Sagas. How exactly I will decide between those two I'm not sure. The episodes leading up to the "Final Blast" are some of my favorites. I also loved the intro to Namek and the new search for Dragonballs there.

Now that I think about it I also really liked the original Saiyan/Earth Sega with Radditz and eventually the Vegita/Nappa battles.

I liked the entire show though so it's going to be hard to pinpoint exactly what my favorite saga was.

Nonetheless, I've put up a poll so everybody has to pick something specifically. Please explain your vote as well.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow I havent watched Dragonball Z in so long, but I have to say that my favorite saga when I use to watch it was the Android and Cell saga, just because of the non-stop action and the fighting that was going on in those saga were simply entertaining and a joy to watch.

I didn't like the Freiza saga to much, the reason being is because it was to long, especially the fight between Goku and Frieza.

3. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

Cell games of course. I feel like this is the first one that I really felt goku stepped back. I thought gohan was so cool in this saga and It really was in general my favorite

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I put the imperfect cell saga just because of the final blast and much more but I like all parts of the show so it was a really hard pick, I also really liked everything on namek and the saiyan saga and everything, hard choice anyway.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

I loved the freiza saga, the battle between frieza and Goku was epic.

Wen he first turned super saiyan i was up off my couch screaming "go goku'... well i would've liked to have been.

I also liked the babidi saga and the buu saga's.

Good Buu is the best character there is.

6. Mirage

I decided to go with the Imperfect Cell Saga. I loved the Vegita/Future Trunks tag team against Imperfect Cell. Vegita is my favorite DBZ character so that made the "Final Blast" episode all the more epic. I really got into the series during this saga.

I like the series as a whole though and found it very hard to pinpoint one specific part that I liked the best.

7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I wish you'd just done the four official sagas lol, if that had been the case I would have picked Android or is it creditted as Cell? It should be creditted as Android saga if anything. Since you went all sub genre on me I picked Trunks. I know not a lot happens but future Trunks was my favourite character and this one didnt beat around the bush. It was five episodes long yet it had the demise of two major villains, the introduction of a new character and some seriously cool sword play.
    I did like all the Android stuff though, all the way through to the cell games. I've said it before and I'll say it again it would have been the perfect place to stop the series. The Saiyan saga was good but it was a little rough around the edges. The Namek saga really tested how many episodes they could get out of charging up. As cool as some bits of the frieza fight were, entire episodes would go by and NOTHING would have happened. I did like seeing Piccolo having more of an active role in that one.
    I don't have much to say about the last saga, a pink marshmallow villain, annoying fusions, krillen with hair, Gohan as a camp superhero... Majin Buu? Majin lame!

8. Mirage

The four official sagas are Saiyan Saga, Frieza Saga, Cell Saga, Majin Buu Saga. I figured we could just post our favorite MAIN sagas and then vote on the narrowed down specific sagas. Makes for better discussion. :)

I had a really hard time picking which one I liked the best though. I like the DBZ experience as a whole really so it's hard to rank certain parts higher than others.

9. Tekkei

Tekkei Registered Member

The Freiza saga was my favorite. After that it just all seemed to go downhill. Plus, Gohan was badass during that saga.

10. Mirage

The Frieza saga was awesome but you think it all went downhill after that?

I'd agree with you if you said everything went south after the Cell Sagas but you have to admit Future Trunks and the Cell Games were pretty awesome.