• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Super Nintendo Favorite Donkey Kong Country game?

What is your favorite DKC game? (original trilogy)

• Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Donkey Kong Country became an instant classic when it hit the shelves in 1994. It really brought new life to the SNES towards the end of it's reign.

Which game in the trilogy is your favorite?

-Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
-Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

My personal favorite game in the series is DKC 2. The game had perfect music, it was more challenging because both of your characters were light, and it's the first game where the pony tail twirl was available in your move set.

I have all three of these games for SNES and really need to play them again (I noticed

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
This one

I had this on gameboy colour and loved it. Played the crap out of this game when I was young.

dDave

V.I.P.
This one

I had this on gameboy colour and loved it. Played the crap out of this game when I was young.
That IS the original game, it's simply a portable re release.

It is a very fun game. The graphical style is a lot of fun, the challenges in the game are pretty hard to find (I never could find all of the bonus stages.). I only ever beat the original game on Gameboy Advance.

I want to get back into this series in general though because there's a new one coming out this holiday season. Might as well get into the mood!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
My favourite level was the one in the mines where you were in the mine cart. I played that 7 million times.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The original Donkey Kong Country is one of my favorite games. Unfortunately I never got to play the others, but I've been wanting to get them for SNES.

My favorite levels were probably the snow levels. And definitely the mine cart level.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never owned a SNES but played the hell outta the first one at my friends house. I only played the 2nd one a little bit.

So the first for me. And I agree the mine cart level is awesome.

dDave

V.I.P.
The original Donkey Kong Country is one of my favorite games. Unfortunately I never got to play the others, but I've been wanting to get them for SNES.

My favorite levels were probably the snow levels. And definitely the mine cart level.
You should look into getting them really soon. They're great games and always will be.

I never owned a SNES but played the hell outta the first one at my friends house. I only played the 2nd one a little bit.

So the first for me. And I agree the mine cart level is awesome.
My experience with SNES was very similar at the beginning. I never had one but knew people that did. It was only a few years ago that I finally got one for myself.

And you're all talking about the mine cart "level" as if there was only one. How far did you guys make it into the game?

My personal favorites were actually the underwater levels, I liked the music, and the levels just played really uniquely. Plus you got to ride Enguarde, that was fun.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I actually didn't have an SNES either, so I first started playing DKC at my friend's house. I did end up getting my own SNES near the end of its life cycle though, pretty much just for DKC and Super Mario Kart. I don't think I got A Link to the Past until after I played Ocarina of Time.

The water levels in DKC are ok. I do like the one where the octopuses chase you.