• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favorite Director

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What is you guys favorite director? Mine has to be Jerry Bruikeheimer(however you write is name). I think he did lots of awesome movies including Con Air...Bad Boys 1 & 2...The Rock and Remember The Titans to name a few.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

I like most movies by Quentin Tarantino and John Woo. They make some pretty bad ass movies. My favorite movies from Tarantino is Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs and from John Woo it's A Better Tomorrow and Face/Off.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
People have their own opinions and I respect that but i dont really like Quentin Tarantino, I dont like is movies that much.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Ah, don't worry about it. Tarantino's movies do make a lot of people feel kind of "iffy". He's gotten his share of flack with his movies, but as for myself I can appreciate what he tries to accomplish in his films.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh dont get me wrong I still think that a lot of people like is movies, it's just that I dont really like is movies especially Pul Fiction.

A

A.M. Radio

My favorite Directors:

Roger Corman-Nobody has EVER achieved what this director has achieved. He made more hit films then any other director, produced some of the quickest films ever made, only made one box office Failure (ironically, it was his best movie).

This man is a God amongst directors. Not Tarantino, Not Spielberg, not even ALFRED HITCHCOCK could do what he has done.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Never heard of him, I was wondering which movies he directed, I'll tell you if I like him or not, after you tell me some of his movies, I'll probably know who he is.

A

A.M. Radio

Vince Carter said:
Never heard of him, I was wondering which movies he directed, I'll tell you if I like him or not, after you tell me some of his movies, I'll probably know who he is.
His most famous film, perhaps, is "Little Shop of Horrors."

Well, most of his movies were B-films, which is probably what makes it so amazing he accomplished more then anyone else.

Here is a partial filmography

It Conquered the World
Pit and the Pendelum
Tales of Terror
Gasss (where I got the name A.M. Radio)
The Trip (in a time when drug movies were either pro drug or anti drug, this movie let's you decide)
Bucket of Blood (two words: Dead Cat)
The Wild Angels
The Intruder (one of the greatest films ever made)
The Terror
Frankenstein Unbound
She Gods of Shark Reef
Creature from Haunted Sea

He's a phenominal director, especially when he is passionate about the subject. Other then that, he made movies quick and cheap and never looked back. I recommend that everyone see the Intruder.

It was his only movie to lose money, and would be considered a classic.... if people had seen it. It's one of the first films about Integration, without the cliched good guys and bad guys you see in films about racism.

With William Shatner as one of the greatest movie villians ever.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

He is a B movie director, lol none of those movies are THAT great.

A

A.M. Radio

Piccolo said:
He is a B movie director, lol none of those movies are THAT great.
And still, you cannot deny everything the man has achieved.

I highly doubt you have seen "The Intruder."

Regardless of that he is a B-Movie director, evidently the studios didnt want him to make anything big budget. I really doubt it was his choice.