Favorite Commentator

Smoke22

Registered Member
This thread is simmple who is your favorite commentator?
mine is Dick Vitale this guy is ammazing he can get you fired up and is an great commentator.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a lot of great commentators in sports today, but my favorite one is Dan Shulman, the guy is incredible at what he does, and it doesn't matter which sport he's doing, it could be baseball or college basketball, he's great at what he does.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It depends on the sport. I have favorites for every sport.

For college football I love Ron Franklin, Todd Blackledge, and Kirk Herbstreit. It's too bad none of them work together.

For college basketball my favorite is probably Gus Johnson. Nobody calls exciting finishes better than he does. I like Dick Vitale, but he can be a little over the top sometimes.

Marv Albert has always been my favorite for NBA games. He reminds me of the NBA on NBC days and the Bulls winning championships.

Gary Thorne and Bill Clement for NHL when it was on ESPN.

Johnny Miller for golf. I love hearing him during the US Open and Ryder Cup.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I can't really say much since I haven't heard enough of a range, but most commentators I hear I just can't stand. Madden, Joe Buck, Tim McCarver, all of those guys need retirement quick. It may seem like a cop out, but the only commentators out of any sport I've really enjoyed were Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I cannot stand Joe Buck, the guy is awful, I hate that he works two sports, football and baseball. He always does the baseball playoffs, and he doesn't know what he's talking about half the time. The thing that I hate the most though is that when Buck calls football games, he's always paired with Troy Aikman who I like a lot.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I can't say I've heard Troy too often, but yeah Buck just can't do it. I wonder how he keeps getting gigs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would like to add someone, I believe that Al Michaels is a great announcer, it doesn't matter which sports he does, he's always prepared, and calls the game like it should.

He also has one of the most famous calls in sports history. When team U.S.A beat the Soviet Union in hockey. After there was a few seconds left, he screamed out "Do you believe in miracles? YES!!"