• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favorite Comic Book Flick

Italiano

Film Elitist
These days, DC and Marvel comics have created a whole other genre of movies.

What's your favorite comic book movie?

Mine is still "The Punisher" with Tom Jane and John Travolta.

NOTE: I'm keeping an eye out for the upcoming flick "Ghost Rider". From what I saw it looked great.

WARNING: The movie "Aquaman" is supposed to be coming out later this year, and it looks to be in the bargain bin

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
My favorite is probably the original Batman movie. That was really damn cool. Spiderman 2 was pretty cool as well.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I loved Batman. He's so cool. X-Men was pretty good, and so was Spiderman.

what i'm not looking forward to is Superman. He's so blah....

A

A.M. Radio

Batman (Adam West Version)

Superman 2

X Men 2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Italiano

Film Elitist
Oh yeah, I forgot about the ninja turtles flick. I forgot that was based from a comic.

Also another good recent film I liked was Batman Begins. Christian Bale was good in that flick. I wasn't too crazy on Katie Holmes though...

A

Angel03

I would have to go with Fantastic Four then Spiderman after that DareDevil and then X-Men 2 and finally Batman Returns. In truth I have really enjoyed mostly all the Comic Book Flicks. I really believe that they will become a big thing if they are made the right way(whatever that way is). I am just curious but what is the ghost rider and what is it about? Recently(not comic book related), I have been writing this fictional story called Ghost Rider about a this main characters bestfriends novel coming to life. The novel is about a group of friends encounter this invisible/ghost like character that tries to kill each one them by whatever fear they have. Each of the characters also have some kind of fear involving being alone, in darkness, or someone kind of person/thing/etc. Just curious to know what the comic is about.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Batman Begins was simply amazing and then it as to be The punisher I loved that one aswell. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is on that list but only the first one cause 2 and 3 was pretty bad. I can't wait for the new Superman to come out because it's going to be awesome especially with the new technology.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
WARNING: The movie "Aquaman" is supposed to be coming out later this year, and it looks to be in the bargain bin
Aquaman has laaaaaame powers. I mean shit, all that villainy going on underwater...

I've enjoyed a lot of the newer comic book movies, Batman Begins was really well done, Fantastic 4, and the X-Men movies were good too.

Italiano

Film Elitist
SenatorB said:
Aquaman has laaaaaame powers. I mean shit, all that villainy going on underwater...
That, and his superpowers basicly includes swimming really really fast, and talking to fish.

The movie itself looked poorly done and probably will flop at the box.

A

Angel03

There was an episode in Smallville that had Aqua Man in it. It was interesting and a good episode. I guess will just have to wait and see how the movie turns out. Who knows it just might be good. Yeah I am really looking forward to seeing this new Superman movie. The first time I saw the preview of it, I thought that they were going to have the Smallville cast in it or at least characters like Lana Lang and Chloe Sullivan. I Doubt they would have Pete Ross since he has been gone from the series since second season, I believe maybe late first season. I don't remember when he left exactly.