Favorite colors tied to personality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've heard that if you prefer certain colors over others it can mean things about your personality. Has anybody else heard anything like this?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've heard that too, but I don't really know much about psychology so I have no idea. I guess it makes some sense.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Apparently your favorite color has a lot to do with the way that you think, I wonder what blue means...

This does seem to make sense because your favorite color does depend on the way that you think...

4. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

Yea, Ive head that as well. I think that blue represents camlness, though some will attribute it to saddness as well. I am a fan of blue and red(energy and romance I believe). Of course, Im also a believer of astronomy playing a role in terms of personality. So me having two favorite colors can be justified by that fact that im a Gemini...

5. MegaMike

MegaMike Registered Member

Different colors seem to influence certain general mood sets, to an extent. My room has red walls, with a white ceiling, but it doesn't exactly give me much energy... I think, at least on me, color doesn't have terribly much influence. Having a certain personality might make you prefer certain colors over others, but there are so many variables, and so many different traits between people makes it rather hard to figure out any real causality between personality and color. It's not much of an important aspect of Psychology. I haven't heard any talk of the influence of color, except from my latest Psychology professor, and she's said a few questionable things from time to time.

/Psych major, if you can't tell...

6. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

I had no idea...

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

My room walls are black, with white trim and a checkerboard ceiling. It doesn't seem to effect my mood in a negative way, though. It helps to keep me calm, and I sleep a lot better than I would in a room with a lot of windows or a brighter color.

As far as favorite colors, mine is green, and I don't really know how that effects things. I do think there could be some relation, but has there ever been any studies done?

8. Colezy

Colezy Registered Member

I have heard that before
    i took something called the colorquiz which you choose colours in whatever order you want and the results that came out were pretty acurate about me i will try and find it

EDIT: I found it -- ColorQuiz.com - The free five minute personality test! --

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Here's mine..

Attracted by anything new, modern, or intriguing. Liable to the bored by the humdrum, the ordinary, or the traditional.

Your Stress Sources
    The tenacity and strength of will necessary to contend with existing difficulties has become weakened. Feels overtaxed, worn out, and getting nowhere, but continues to stand his ground. He feels this adverse situation as an actual tangible pressure which is intolerable to him and from which he wants to escape, but he feels unable to make the necessary decision.

Your Restrained Characteristics
    Willing to participate and to allow himself to become involved, but tries to fend off conflict and disturbance in order to reduce tension.

Feels trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation and seeking some way of gaining relief. Able to achieve satisfaction from sexual activity.

Feels that things stand in his way, that circumstances are forcing him to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective
    Longs for tenderness and for a sensitivity of feeling into which he can blend. Responsive to anything esthetic and tasteful.

Your Actual Problem
    Tensions and stresses induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond his capabilities or reserves of strength have led to considerable anxiety, and a sense of personal (but admitted) inadequacy. He seeks to escape into a more peaceful and problem-free situation, in which he will no longer have to assert himself or contend with so much pressure.

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

No, I haven't. But I have heard that people are more likely to commit suicide in a yellow room. o_O My mom freaked out and painted my bathroom a different color. lol