favorite college team.

Discussion in 'NFL' started by JjCrazyboy, Oct 4, 2007.

1. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

My favorite college football team is the huskers. I bet you can tell where I live huh. But Nebraska Huskers are a fun team to watch except lately they have no defense hopefully the defense coordinator gets fired, Yet I was curious your favorite college football team was and why.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah I like the Huskers too (oddly enough), I actually watched their big game against USC too bad they didn't completely catch up in the last half because they were doing really well.

3. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

I'm for the Bruins but they haven't donw well lately in football with the exception of beating USC last year to take them out of the championship game. It's a great season if you beat your rival regardless of your record. However, the Bruins are great in Basketball especially with their basketball history.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I like Maryland, WVU, Ohio State, and Boise Sate (football, and for the field).

5. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

well since I am from Oregon I like the Oregon Ducks, we have a nice feud here between the Ducks and the Beavers hehe :D

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Nebraska fired their athletic director a couple weeks ago. Tom Osbourne is the new interim AD. Look for Bill Callahan, the head coach, to get fired after the season.

I've been a huge Ohio State fan ever since I was little. Big win last night over Penn State. Last three games should be tough - Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan.

7. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

I currently live in Eugene, Oregon- but I think the Pac-10 is pathetic all around. JJ's 100% right on about the Cornhuskers. Everyone here is so ga-ga over the Ducks and I have to ask them, "How many national championships has your team won? Oh.... none...."

Well, NU did finally fire Callahan, and all I can say is "it's about time." He did bring in a passing game but it was at the expense of the run and the defense. All he concentrated on was his west-coast style game that totally overlooked the defense. The Blackshirts were horrible this year- how did we ever lose to Kansas and Oklahoma State?

I have to say, when we have close games against Texas and USC and then get destroyed by teams like the Jayhawks, it makes you wonder what's going on in the coach's mind.

8. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

I had heard that the Olympic council was looking at Callahan. He stated that he had never see a coach take a team down hill so fast.

Yeah, I hope they don't hire Bow for the head coach, I hate him.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. Doesn't that just show their loyalty if they're so passionate about their team despite not being a traditional national power like Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc?

10. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

Yeah, they have loyalty. But it's like people who are loyal Cubs fans.