Favorite Christmas Song

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
My absolute favorite Christmas song is Happy Christmas/War is Over by John Lennon.

I also love the Charlie Brown Christmas album, and Christmas Baby Please Come Home by U2

What are your favorite Christmas songs?

wolfheart

Registered Member
A couple of my favourites are the Pogues Fairytale Of New York, the Boyz To Men version of Let It Snow and one that is not really a Christmas song but was number one here Crhistmas of 71 that my dad plays every year Ernie, The Fastest Milkman In The West by Benny Hill.

Fairytale of New York by the Pogues was always my dads favourite Christmas song, one of my earliest memories is decorating with him and my brother when we were kids, and that song playing in the background. So it's one of my favourites.

I love the Lennon one, too. Along with 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas', and I like 'Jingle bell rock' because it reminds me of Home Alone 2. I can't think of others off the top of my head but I'm sure there's quite a few more good ones.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
I like The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) by The Chipmunks. Also, Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses (which is actually about sitting xmas out...haha).

I like the classics, too. Most notably, Silver Bells.

Twitch

Registered Member
My all time favorite is "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting)", but I also like "Jingle Bell Rock", "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree", and "Do They Know It's Christmas".

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My favorite Christmas song is Do they know it's Christmas by Band Aid, it's filled with tons of amazing singers and I could listen to over and over.

I also really enjoy Christmas Time by Bryan Adams.

Hiei

The Hierophant
My favorite Christmas song is Carol Of the Bells. But that fucking Burger King remake of it completely ruined that song for me. Almost all other Christmas songs have been ruined for me by my dad. When my little sister was a few years old, my dad bought a Lee Greenwood CD because it had the song "God Bless the USA" on it and he wanted that song. Turns out that the rest of the CD was Christmas songs. Turns out as well that my sister really loved those other songs. She loved them so much so that my dad would play that fucking CD every time we drove anywhere in his truck for two solid years. Eventually, I turned that CD into a frisbee and shattered it into a million tiny shards of what used to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQyib5ZQZY

Bliss

Sally Twit
Last Christmas by Wham! is my favourite Christmas song. I heard it on Friday night at a party and it instantly put me in the Christmas mood.

Another favourite if I'm allowed to class it as a Christmas song is Walking In The Air from The Snowman. I've loved it since I was a kid.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Bliss is going to hate me for this but my favorite Christmas song is "All I want for Christmas is you" by Mariah Carey.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
My favourite is a Carol, 'Silent Night.'
My Dad passed away around midnight on Christmas eve/morning and his funeral was the day after Christmas. I had only just turned 12, but I remember how I felt when they sang it. I feel the same every time I hear it now [sung traditionally.] Not sad, just 'touching.'