Favorite Christmas Song

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I'm sure that most stores you walk into plays Christmas songs. Unfortunately for me, I work in retail and the Christmas songs had started playing. Sometimes I hear the same song twice, the same songs but different versions. The one that cracks me up is a guy singing "Santa Baby". I guess my favorite Christmas song would be Deck the Halls. One of my co-worker asked me if I can sing Deck the Halls for her but I declined. :nod:

From A Christmas Story:

[in a Chinese restaurant]
Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: [singing] Deck the halls with boughs of horry, ra ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.
Chop Suey Palace Owner: No, no, not 'ra ra ra ra', 'la la la la'! Try again.
Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: Deck the halls with boughs of horry, ra ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.
Chop Suey Palace Owner: No, no! Sing something else.
Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sreigh!

I just realized that I dont have a favorite Christmas song. Upon thinking about it, i think that Oh christmas tree is a pretty bad song - the dude is singing about a tree.

Psyco

Food Whore
I don't have any favorite Christmas songs, but i do have favorite COVERS of Christmas songs. Frank Sinatra did some good versions of songs, including I'll be Home for Christmas and a few others. Twisted Sister released a Christmas album a year back and it was pretty good. Then there are some great guitar covers of Christmas/Holiday songs in Merry Axemas Volumes 1 & 2.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
War is Over/Happy Xmas by John Lennon
The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
and the whole Charlie Brown Christmas album

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's see:

"Dance of the Sugar Plumb Fairy" - Tchaikovsky
"Carol of the Bells"

Several of Trans-Siberian Orchestra renditions including but not limited to:

"Boughs Of Holly"
"The March Of The Kings / Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
"Appalachian Snowfall"
"O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night"
"A Mad Russian's Christmas" (a.k.a. "Dance of the Sugar Plumb Fairy")
"O Holy Night"
"Wizards In Winter"
"Christmas Canon Rock"

I like classic rock and classical music so Trans-Siberian Orchestra definitely does it for me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Doesn't this topic belong in the Music section, sing we're talking about songs?

Here's mine

Something about Christmas: Bryan Adams
So this is Christmas: John Lennon

That's all I can think of right now.

Brandon77

Registered Member
My all time favorite Christmas song is Carol of the Bells. It's one of the best overall Christmas songs when looked at from a purely musical perspective. I love all the harmonies that it uses. In my mind, it will never be beaten. Coming in at a close second is Mary Did You Know and What Child Is This. Those are also two very good reminders for the reason for the season, which, if you're new to this thing, is not X-mas. Its called Christmas for a reason, and if you don't care to call it what it is, then maybe you shouldn't celabrate it at all. Don't mean to get all political or religious here, just offended at all the people who are offended of my religion. Quite frankly it's ridiculous. Anyways, those are my favorite Christmas songs.
------
Maybe to start a new trend, we can start talking about all the Christmas songs whih should never be on a top 10 list. In my mind, the absolute worst Christmas song is a toss up between "I saw mommy kissing santa claus" and any song sung by alvin and the chipmunks. My mom told me I'm not allowed to pierce my ears, so I guess I'm not even allowed to listen to such a song. It would be a criminal offense. I might get grounded or kicked out of the house or something. Anyways, what are your guys' least favorite christmas songs?

Last edited:
Carol of the bells is my favorite Xmas song (Except for the Barenaked Ladies rendition of God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings), but my favorite holiday song overall is Auld Lang Syne.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I don't have any favorite Christmas songs, but i do have favorite COVERS of Christmas songs. Frank Sinatra did some good versions of songs, including I'll be Home for Christmas and a few others. Twisted Sister released a Christmas album a year back and it was pretty good. Then there are some great guitar covers of Christmas/Holiday songs in Merry Axemas Volumes 1 & 2.
yeah. I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as "the original christmas song" I hear one I like on the radio, and it's impossible to find that version again...