• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favorite Christmas movies?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
That's one that I haven't seen yet this year. I find it to be really weird. I don't know why but Dr. Seuss stuff is actually kind of creepy :lol:. Jim Carrey doesn't seem to help. Still, a good movie though.
Its weird. The Grinch was on TV last night and after about 30 minutes, I turned it off and did something else. I think it just moved off the list of movies I can watch over and over. The tv version is really strange also. A lot of deleted scenes are in the tv version that weren't in the movie. With the deleted scenes its much more focused on the townspeople and much more anti-consumerism. The movie version is all Grinch and is just funny. I never really thought about it as a movie with a message until watching it on tv.

dDave

V.I.P.
I just found out that "It's A Wonderful Life" was thought to be communist propaganda film. Can you believe that? Never heard anything so stupid.

Ayn Rand helped the FBI investigate whether ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ was commie propaganda
:lol: So stupid.

Its weird. The Grinch was on TV last night and after about 30 minutes, I turned it off and did something else. I think it just moved off the list of movies I can watch over and over. The tv version is really strange also. A lot of deleted scenes are in the tv version that weren't in the movie. With the deleted scenes its much more focused on the townspeople and much more anti-consumerism. The movie version is all Grinch and is just funny. I never really thought about it as a movie with a message until watching it on tv.
I had something similar happen this year for me. Christmas Vacation used to be standard but now for the first year ever, I have decided not to watch it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's not Christmas unless I watch...

Christmas Vacation
Elf
Home Alone
Jingle all the way (weird guilty pleasure with this one)

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Well I dont watch many Christmas movies but I totally do like these.

Richie Rich's Christmas Wish
Elf
Jack Frost
The Polar Express
Ice Age 1
Ice Age 4 Continental Drift

K. The last 2 = not Christmas but I totally do watch them around Christmas so yeah. The one movie you cant pay me to watch again is The Christmas Candle. Boring.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I actually have more Christmas themed TV episodes than movies that I try and watch every year. As for the movies...

Christmas Vacation
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
The Nightmare Before Christmas