• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favorite Christmas movies?

dDave

V.I.P.
It's that time of year again. I don't know about everyone else but I like to sort of binge Christmas movies until the 24th.

Here are a few of my favorites...

It's A Wonderful Life (always on Christmas Eve)
White Christmas
Jingle All The Way
Christmas Vacation
The Santa Clause
Elf
Die Hard

I really like Christmas movies. What are some of your favorites? Any particular film that makes your Christmas magical?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
White Christmas and Its a Wonderful Life are on my list. Some movies just never get old.

When I was a kid I looked forward to A Charlie Brown Christmas. Not so much now, haven't seen it in years.

dDave

V.I.P.
White Christmas and Its a Wonderful Life are on my list. Some movies just never get old.

When I was a kid I looked forward to A Charlie Brown Christmas. Not so much now, haven't seen it in years.
Correction, It's A Wonderful Life and White Christmas are very old. ;)

I'll watch A Charlie Brown Christmas with my mom because it's special to her.

dDave

V.I.P.
Christmas movies? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I see what you did there ;)

Do you actually like Home Alone as a Christmas movie or do you hate Christmas movies? (can't tell which one :lol:)

I will say that I've seen Home Alone. I didn't think it was amazing but it's not bad, some really funny parts.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Correction, It's A Wonderful Life and White Christmas are very old. ;)

I'll watch A Charlie Brown Christmas with my mom because it's special to her.
Yes they are old movies but they never get old.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I see what you did there ;)

Do you actually like Home Alone as a Christmas movie or do you hate Christmas movies? (can't tell which one :lol:)

I will say that I've seen Home Alone. I didn't think it was amazing but it's not bad, some really funny parts.
The first time I saw the Home Alone movies I got a bit of a chuckle out of them, but Christmas movies become like Christmas carols. There are very few movies that are on the list of flicks I would want to watch more than once. If I happen to catch the movies on that list on the boob tube, I will probably sit down and watch, but I wouldn't want to watch them every year like clockwork. Christmas movies don't even make that list. In the right company I might not mind making a tradition of Charlie Brown Christmas or Claymation Christmas, and I suppose I could even be talked into watching Rudolph. But left to my own devices, I just look for a good sci-fi like I do the rest of the year. Christmas is suffering from chronic redundancy syndrome... Christmas is suffering from chronic redundancy syndrome.

- Cham

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
My problem is no matter how much I love a movie, its almost impossible for me to watch it more than twice. I feel like I'm wasting time. There are probably 5 exceptions to that and the only Christmas exception is Ron Howard's The Grinch. I love everything about it.

dDave

V.I.P.
My problem is no matter how much I love a movie, its almost impossible for me to watch it more than twice. I feel like I'm wasting time. There are probably 5 exceptions to that and the only Christmas exception is Ron Howard's The Grinch. I love everything about it.
That's one that I haven't seen yet this year. I find it to be really weird. I don't know why but Dr. Seuss stuff is actually kind of creepy :lol:. Jim Carrey doesn't seem to help. Still, a good movie though.

I watched White Christmas last night. Truly, one of the very best. Lots of amazing dance sequences, great singing, touching moments, I love it. :)