TV Favorite character on Happy Days?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There was so many great character in this amazing sitcom, who was your favorite?

For me it's The Foz, I loved everything about his character. The way he got the ladies, how he wasn't afraid of nobody. He just tapped on the music box and it came on. His character was great from beggining to end.

I loved how even though he was tough on the outside, he was soft sometimes on the inside.

He was great.

How about you guys?

KarlW

Registered Member
The Fonz. Aaayyyyyyyy!

He actually began as a very incidental, minor character and quickly not only stole the show but became a television icon.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
My favorite character only appeared for two episodes: a master martial artist named Kat Mandu who was attracted to Fonzie because of his coolness and apparently he was her equal at martial arts (we get some hints here that Fonzie studied some secret martial art when he was younger) And she was supposed to a love interest for Fonzie but the two episodes she showed up in were the only ones we saw her in.

That's about it. I watched HAPPY DAYS if there was nothing else on so I can't really say I was a fan of the show. I liked LAVERN & SHIRLEY and MORK & MINDY much better. Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham were cool, tho. One of the best things about HAPPY DAYS was seeing how Fonzie was practically adopted by them. The relationship between Mrs. C and Fonzie was sweet and I liked how she was the only one he allowed to call him by his real first name.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I remember watching a special about Happy Days a few years ago, it was really good. They were showing clips of how popular The Foz really was, they showed how many people followed him, asked him for autographs and all that sort of stuff. It was crazy.

The only martial arts person that I liked from Happy Days was the character played by Tom Hanks, I can't recall his name right now, but he awesome.

I agree with you Ferg about the relationship between Mrs. C and The Foz, especially at the beggining, because Arthur was a major tough guy, especially at the beggining of the show, but he always respected the Cunninghams, especially Mrs. C.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I can quickly see this turning into a Fonzie appreciation thread.

Yeah, I love the Fonz as well. He's pretty much pure coolness in character form.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
The evolution of Fonzie is the second most interesting thing HAPPY DAYS. The most interesting thing is that it started off as an episode of LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE (KarlW is probably the only one posting in this thread besides me who will remember watching that show:D)and was spun off into it's own show from that one episode.

Fonzie started out as a genuine biker/gang member/street hood who terrified Potsie and Ralph Malph. Fonzie respected Ritchie on some level and Ritchie guardedly became friends with him. Gradually as Fonzie became more popular (especially with young kids) his attitude was softened up considerably. In fact, IIRC he started out as a high school dropout who was proud of it but later on went back to high school to get his diploma.

And wasn't there even a Saturday morning HAPPY DAYS cartoon where The Fonz, Ritchie and the rest were superheroes?

KarlW

Registered Member
The evolution of Fonzie is the second most interesting thing HAPPY DAYS. The most interesting thing is that it started off as an episode of LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE (KarlW is probably the only one posting in this thread besides me who will remember watching that show:D)and was spun off into it's own show from that one episode.

Fonzie started out as a genuine biker/gang member/street hood who terrified Potsie and Ralph Malph. Fonzie respected Ritchie on some level and Ritchie guardedly became friends with him. Gradually as Fonzie became more popular (especially with young kids) his attitude was softened up considerably. In fact, IIRC he started out as a high school dropout who was proud of it but later on went back to high school to get his diploma.

And wasn't there even a Saturday morning HAPPY DAYS cartoon where The Fonz, Ritchie and the rest were superheroes?
Yes, there was a Saturday morning cartoon series (FONZ AND THE HAPPY
DAYS GANG, produced by Hanna-Barbera). No, they weren't exactly
superheroes. The premise involved the Milwaukee gang (Fonz, Richie Cunningham, and Ralph Malph) traveling through space on a time rocket.
Henry Winkler, Ron Howard and Donny Most reprised their roles from the
prime-time sitcom. They were joined by a space girl named Cupcake (voiced by Didi Conn of "Grease" and BENSON) and the requisite cute dog,
Mr. Cool (voiced by the versatile Frank Welker).