• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite Character of Mick Foley

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mick Foley was known has:

-Cactus Jack
-Mankind
-Dude Love

In your opinion, which one is your favorite?

As much as I loved Mankind, I have to go with Cactus Jack which I believe he succeeded the most in that character. He cut his best promos has Cactus Jack, he had some of his best matches has Cactus Jack and even though he's mostly known has Mankind, I think he made his name being Cactus Jack.

I hated his Dude Love gimmick.

BigBob

Registered Member
I'm split between Mankind and Cactus Jack. I really don't think I could choose between the two, but I'd probably give the Mankind gimmick the edge solely on the Hell in a Cell match.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll never forget when I started watching wrestling again in 1997 after a three or four year hiatus and he came out as both Dude Love and Mankind in the same night and I thought to myself how it seemed like it was the same person. I had no idea it was haha

Dude Love was the worst though...I didn't much enjoy that gimmick. He had a nice run with the character at the start of 1998 against Austin but that was about it.

Man its tough to choose between Cactus Jack and Mankind. I feel like in the WWE the Mankind character is what Foley is most remembered for. He won the WWE title 3 times with that gimmick.

I actually think I enjoyed the Cactus Jack gimmick the most though. He had his most WWE success as Mankind but I'll go with Jack.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I enjoyed Cactus Jack the most, especially after reading Mick's first book. Cactus Jack is a character that came from his own mind, after playing a wrestling pencil and paper game with his father when he was younger. Cactus jack with his crazy and unique character, his trademark boots, etc. I just enjoy him...he doesn't totally fit a mold besides being a freaking maniac.

This was how Mick started, and I really enjoyed when he got to return to Jack during his feud with HHH (leading to that infamous Hell in a Cell match). I'd also say that I think - overall - Mick did some of his better promos when he was dressed as Cactus Jack.

Mankind was great, and it's really hard to pick between these two, but I'll go with Cactus.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Everyone is going to remember Mankind more because of the falls he took in the Hell in a Cell match against the Undertaker. But if you look at both of their careers(Cactus Jack and Mankind) then you'll see that Cactus Jack put his body through more punishment, especially when he was in ECW, where he made his name for himself.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Everyone is going to remember Mankind more because of the falls he took in the Hell in a Cell match against the Undertaker. But if you look at both of their careers(Cactus Jack and Mankind) then you'll see that Cactus Jack put his body through more punishment, especially when he was in ECW, where he made his name for himself.
Even in WCW, where Cactus Jack IMO was memorable against some not-so-memorable talent...although he did have some matches with Sting and Vader during his time there, and probably some other recognizable names. It's just cool that the Cactus character was everywhere. The ECW promos he did are just legendary to me, I think.

Not trying to go off-topic too much, but he never held a world title as Cactus did he? Just the one time as Mankind?

BigBob

Registered Member
Yeah, just those three times that he was Mankind.

No one's saying he didn't take more bumps as Cactus Jack, but being one of the most memorable matches in wrestling history, that's why I'll take Mankind.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Me too, I have to give a slight edge to Mankind. His matches just seem more memorable to me. I did love Cactus also, but I'd have to go with Mankind.