TV Favorite cartoon horses?

hughes_collector

Registered Member
OK, I see that dogs and cats have their own respective threads. So what about my favorite animal, horses?

Does anyone have a favorite animated equine? Mine is probably Spirit, for two reasons. One, he's fairly realistic. Two, he's modeled after a Kiger Mustang, one of my very favorite breeds.

Other cartoon horses that come to mind, even though they aren't exactly favorites of mine, are:

Quick Draw McGraw

Mr. Horse from Ren and Stimpy (Funny, but a bit too weird for my tastes)

Buck from Disney's Home On the Range (kind of a bizarre movie in my opinion)

I can't really think of too many at the moment, although I know lots of cartoons have had horses as sidekicks or as minor characters. Maybe some of you can help jog my memory!

Bliss

Sally Twit
I can't think of any cartoon horses which leads me to think they weren't all that popular when I was a youngster.
In my opinion horses were always best at being sidekicks.

I can't actually think of any either :/ Well I can see one in my head but I can't remember the name, it's going to annoy me now :lol: Hopefully someone else replies and mentions it, or I'll come back and edit this.
Edit: yep, Quick Draw McGraw is the only one coming to mind.

Last edited:

hughes_collector

Registered Member
I just remembered that years ago, on the old Casper the Ghost cartoons, Casper's friend Wendy had a ghost-horse pet named (I think) Night Mare.

Also I remember seeing some cartoon series back in the 1970s about a little boy who had a toy Pegasus horse that would come to life and carry him away on adventures, but I have no idea what that cartoon was.

Oh, and of course My Little Pony, but when that came along I was too old for it, so never really watched the cartoon, except recently on YouTube.

KarlW

Registered Member
Compared to dogs and cats (and mice), there haven't been a lot of horses in cartoons. Aside from those already mentioned, the only one that I can
think of at the moment is Walter Lantz's Sugarfoot (and he only appeared in a few cartoons). Oh, and the Lone Ranger's horse, Silver; and Zorro's
horse, Tornado. I also liked Quick Draw McGraw and Casper's friend
Nightmare. I thought "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" was a great movie.

Last edited:

hughes_collector

Registered Member
"Also I remember seeing some cartoon series back in the 1970s about a little boy who had a toy Pegasus horse that would come to life and carry him away on adventures, but I have no idea what that cartoon was."

(Yes, I'm quoting myself) I just found out what this one was, and totally by accident! Apparently it was called 'Luno'. I found a link to an episode on YouTube while looking at something else:

YouTube - Luno - Adventure By the Sea

In case the link doesn't work, it's titled 'Luno- Adventure By the Sea'.

I know there were other episodes besides this one too. I haven't seen or heard of it since I was little!