TV Favorite cartoon horses?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by hughes_collector, Jul 17, 2009.

1. hughes_collector

hughes_collector Registered Member

OK, I see that dogs and cats have their own respective threads. So what about my favorite animal, horses?

Does anyone have a favorite animated equine? Mine is probably Spirit, for two reasons. One, he's fairly realistic. Two, he's modeled after a Kiger Mustang, one of my very favorite breeds.

Other cartoon horses that come to mind, even though they aren't exactly favorites of mine, are:

Quick Draw McGraw

Mr. Horse from Ren and Stimpy (Funny, but a bit too weird for my tastes)

Buck from Disney's Home On the Range (kind of a bizarre movie in my opinion)

I can't really think of too many at the moment, although I know lots of cartoons have had horses as sidekicks or as minor characters. Maybe some of you can help jog my memory!

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I can't think of any cartoon horses which leads me to think they weren't all that popular when I was a youngster.
    In my opinion horses were always best at being sidekicks.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I can't actually think of any either :/ Well I can see one in my head but I can't remember the name, it's going to annoy me now :lol: Hopefully someone else replies and mentions it, or I'll come back and edit this.
    Edit: yep, Quick Draw McGraw is the only one coming to mind.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  4. hughes_collector

I just remembered that years ago, on the old Casper the Ghost cartoons, Casper's friend Wendy had a ghost-horse pet named (I think) Night Mare.

Also I remember seeing some cartoon series back in the 1970s about a little boy who had a toy Pegasus horse that would come to life and carry him away on adventures, but I have no idea what that cartoon was.

Oh, and of course My Little Pony, but when that came along I was too old for it, so never really watched the cartoon, except recently on YouTube.

5. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

My favorite cartoon horse was Night Mare on Casper.

6. KarlW

KarlW Registered Member

Compared to dogs and cats (and mice), there haven't been a lot of horses in cartoons. Aside from those already mentioned, the only one that I can
    think of at the moment is Walter Lantz's Sugarfoot (and he only appeared in a few cartoons). Oh, and the Lone Ranger's horse, Silver; and Zorro's
    horse, Tornado. I also liked Quick Draw McGraw and Casper's friend
    Nightmare. I thought "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" was a great movie.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  7. hughes_collector

"Also I remember seeing some cartoon series back in the 1970s about a little boy who had a toy Pegasus horse that would come to life and carry him away on adventures, but I have no idea what that cartoon was."

(Yes, I'm quoting myself) I just found out what this one was, and totally by accident! Apparently it was called 'Luno'. I found a link to an episode on YouTube while looking at something else:

YouTube - Luno - Adventure By the Sea

In case the link doesn't work, it's titled 'Luno- Adventure By the Sea'.

I know there were other episodes besides this one too. I haven't seen or heard of it since I was little!

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Lucky Luke's Horse.

I love that cartoon.