• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite board game nobody else has

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you have a board game that you play that you're not sure if anybody else has even owned and you love it?

One for me is a game called, "Mad." Has anybody played this one before?

I loved to play that game growing up. The goal of the game is to LOSE all of your money first haha

Anybody else?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
For me it's Scotland Yard. I had never heard of anyone else who had played it until I saw dDave mention it in another thread recently.

One person is the invisible mystery man who tries to move around the board without getting caught by the detectives. It's a lot of fun.

dDave

V.I.P.
Games nobody else has?

How about Family Business? A great card game of alliances and backstabbing (I played this 2 nights ago)

LEGO Time Cruisers (great game that I still have.)

And yes, I do love Scotland Yard :lol:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
OMG Kevin I'm pretty sure my brother had MAD when we were kids. We loved all things MAD.

For me it's Settlers of Catan.

SenatorB played it

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I love Settlers of Motherfuckin' Catan. It's the best board game you could ever play. Soooo much anger has spewed fourth because of blocked resources and chance card steals.

dDave

V.I.P.
Do you have a board game that you play that you're not sure if anybody else has even owned and you love it?
^This was the question asked.

And Jeanie picks this game.

OMG Kevin I'm pretty sure my brother had MAD when we were kids. We loved all things MAD.

SenatorB played it

Settlers of Catan? :lol: Everyone has that game. It's one of the most popular board games of all time. That would be like if I were to pick Risk or maybe Monopoly :lol:.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
^This was the question asked.

And Jeanie picks this game.

Settlers of Catan? :lol: Everyone has that game. It's one of the most popular board games of all time. That would be like if I were to pick Risk or maybe Monopoly :lol:.
I've never even heard of Settlers of Catan. I have heard of Risk and Monopoly.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have no idea if this is rare or not, but I've never come across anyone who owns this game. I bought it at a yard sale a long ass time ago. I've only ever played it twice. It's odd. I'm not sure I even remember how to play. Haha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have never heard of that game, Detrimental. So that's your favorite obscure board game and you've only played it twice? :lol:

I've heard about Settlers of Catan a lot. I've never actually played it though. It's a fairly well-known game, though not as popular as games like Risk or Monopoly obviously.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have personally never heard of Settlers of Catan either.

Sometimes its tough to gauge what is popular and what isn't.