Favorite baseball memory?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What's your favorite baseball memory that you've seen live or on television?

For me it's during the 1993 World Series, it was game 6, there was a runner on second and on first. Joe Carter is at bat, it's the bottom of the ninth, Mitch Williams is pitching for the Phillies. Few pitches are thrown, then Carter gets a hold of one and he hits a three run home run to win the World Series. I was very young at the time, but I was jumping joy, I was so happy that the Jays won their second straight World Series.

How about you guys?

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I was at Game 5 of the 2006 World Series when the Cardinals won the World Series over the Detroit Tigers.

That's easily my favorite moment...it'll be hard to top that. I was at the game where Mark McGwire hit his 61st homer...that woulda been first if not for 2006.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Kirk Gibson's homerun against the A's, any one of Nolan Ryan's no hitters ranks up there also.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow, you were there when McGwire hit number 61? Even though he cheated that much of been something wild to watch live.I wish I saw the Gibson home run live on t.v, but I wasn't old enough. That must of been amazing to watch.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Sox fan here, so my answer is obvious. Well, there are two favorites.

One is watching the Sox roar back from an 0-3 deficit to win against the Yanks and the number one favorite memory is . . .

"Back to Foulke! Red Sox fans have longed to hear it, the Boston Red Sox . . . are world champions."

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

yeah it was incredible...my buddy's Dad got tickets the day of the game from his work...we were in the 8th row...in betweem home and third. it was ridiculous.