• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favorite bad horror film?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Back when I was in 8th grade and then into high school me and three of my friends became obsessed with renting horrible horror movies from Blockbuster. This was something we did almost every week for a long while.

Did anybody else do that? We would go and could pretty much tell what was going to be shitty and what wasn't. Here are three of my favorites...

"The Ice Cream Man" Yes, it was about a killer ice cream man. And yes, that's Clint Howard as the main character, brother of Ron Howard. I don't remember much about the film except that it was really awful haha

Ice Cream Man (1995) - IMDb

"The Dentist" You know what's sad about this film? Corbin Bernsen was the main character in this film. Look him up, you'll know who he is. There was a Dentist 2 as well lol. Pretty easy to assume what this movie was about.

The Dentist (1996) - IMDb

Last but not least? Jack Frost. Not the Jack Frost with Michael Keaton either LOL. I kid you not there's a scene in which a killer snowman forces himself on Shannon Elizabeth in a bathtub. It is literally the biggest hunk of crap movie of all time and I loved it haha. You can watch it on youtube...I actually suggest sparing yourself...its not worth it.

Jack Frost (Video 1997) - IMDb

Has anybody seen any of those films??

PS: I had put "It" on here but I wanted to be nice to Amy :lol:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I really like an older film called The Faculty. I don't think it's too bad, more just a little cheesy. It's about this high school where all the teachers turn into aliens and start killing the students. I love it so much.

The Faculty (1998) - IMDb

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha that sounds right up my alley.

Apparently there was a Jack Frost 2...Revenge of the Mutant Snowman. I might have to find that online and watch it.

Oh oh and if anybody wants to be tempted...

Jack Frost - YouTube

You know you wanna watch it. I am right now. Memories.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Fuck you! IT is a masterpiece. How can you not love Tim Curry as a killer clown? Definitely my favourite horror.

I am watching 'Jack Frost' as I type this as it sounds right up my street. You have no idea how much I enjoy watching really awful horror films when I have nothing to do on a Sunday.

My personal favourites are 'Maniac Cop 1, 2 and 3'. Yep, there were 3. It is about a killer cop in New York. Kevin, you must watch the trailers. In fact, I can see the first two full Movies on Youtube!
Maniac Cop (1988) - YouTube
Maniac Cop 2 1990 - YouTube

Another awful trilogy is 'Sleepaway Camp' - basically about a killer who isn't revealed until the end, plus there is a twist which will make you laugh and cringe. The next two are when the killer is older. Pretty sure they stole the idea from 'Friday the 13th' as the killer returns to the same camp each time.

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I really liked one called Teeth.

Teeth (2007) - IMDb

That was hilarious. I watched it with Iris, I think...when Netflix would let you watch within the same party.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
IT was a horrible horrible movie, I don't know how they got away with releasing that. It should've just stayed a book.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've seen all three you mentioned Kevin, and I saw the Faculty as well. Ice Cream Man definitely take an easy first place for bad horror movies.

I have till this day not met anyone who's seen Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. For years I thought I must have dreamt this movie, but it's real, and I watched it. Kevin, it's a must watch this one. Doesn't get worse than giant tomatoes hopping down the street squashing their victims to death. :lol:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Killer Klowns From Outer Space was sooooo bad, but sooooo good. I watch it every Halloween and it's still just as good now as it was when I saw it for the first time 15 years ago.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space Trailer - YouTube

Leprechaun in the Hood is another bad movie classic. It mixes two of my favorite things, cheesy horror films and rap music. It's definitely worth a watch.

Leprechaun In The Hood Trailer HQ - YouTube

Feast is another great cheesy horror flick. I came across it on accident and I'm so glad that I did. It's a great movie. Too bad the second and third films were awful.

Feast Trailer - YouTube

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Oh god, I was going to say Killer Klowns From Outer Space too. :lol: That movie was so bad, but it used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid.