Atari Favorite Atari Game?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Clear_Note, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

Ignoring the billions of shitty ones out there, what's your favorite Atari game?

Unlike the other favorite threads i've made, I don't have an opinion on this because in my opinion they all suck a cow's ass until it's face caves in.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

3. Clear_Note

I've played alot of the "good" classic games on atari, and frankly, I don't see what's so fun about them with the exception of Donkey Kong. Sure, they may have been really awesome in their time, but...I don't see the "awesomeness" factor here.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

DONKEY KONG!!!!! (*sings*) I completely forgot that donkey kong was on the atari, to help break my tie between the pacman games I'll go with Donkey Kong :D that game owns all other classics especially the real edition none of this junk that we have in the arcade.

5. Clear_Note

Yeah, donkey kong ruled.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Paperboy and Pitfall for me.

- Paperboy was funny when you were roaming up the street throwing papers and things you shouldn't.
    - Pitfall because jumping on vines was cool back in the day.

7. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

I thought paperboy was NES?
    I'd go with pac-man, frogger, and oh yes, pong.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Definitely Pacman or Ms Pacman.

9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Pitfall was my favorite I think although I know pacman has to be my sisters favorite as she somehow managed to get pacman stuck going in and out of the side entrances without getting killed so she could have a break when she was somewhere near a million I think. She played that thing for hours and of course when she got back from that break she immediately died lol

viLky likes this.
  10. missingno

missingno Registered Member

Pitfall! ftw.
    Stampede
    Barnstorming
    River Raid
    Keystone Kapers
    Pitfall! 2 (should've dropped the Pitfall! franchise after that, though)
    Kaboom! (yeah, all of said games so far are Activision. Activision was the golden third party provider of those days)
    Deadly Duck
    Space Invaders
    Solar Fox
    Asteroids
    Ms. Pac-Man (Though I must say the 7800 port is far superior is to the 2600 port)
    Pac-Man (I know I said it's the worst port, but that doesn't rule out the fact that it's fun. It's just highly inaccurate to the original)
    Donkey Kong (worst port I've played next to Intellivision, but still it's a game I quite love even in its worst ports)
    Bowling

But those are just various ones off the top of my head. Atari 2600 was not bad by any means.