Favorite artists not from your Favorite Genre

Discussion in 'Music' started by icegoat63, Jul 8, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

What is your favorite band or artist that doesnt fall into the category of your favorite genre?

For instance I really like the heavy metal genre, I listen to all kinds of death metal bands and other high tempo otherwise hard to understand artists. But I was laughing this morning because on the way to work I was singing to the band "Blue October" :hah: far from a death metal band.

So what would be a random band for you that breaks your general music mold and pulls you out of your comfort zone?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I love hard rock and metal and one of my favorites that falls well out of the category is (go ahead and laugh) Nobuo Uematsu, the man behind the music in Final Fantasy. His compositions are often pretty calming and lax but he has a flair for the epic.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Well I have two favourite genres; Hard Rock/Heavy Metal and D'n'B/Techno, and a favourite of mine that falls outside these categories is Dire Straits, and the Eagles. They're always playing at home so I guess I just learned to like them.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

EDIT: thought of a better one, Simply Red. Far from my favourite genre.

Loretta Lynn would be the biggest one though since she's just about the only country singer I'll contemplate listening too. :-/

This too! ^^ I love that guy.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
    icegoat63 likes this.
  5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

My favorite genre is rap, but I find myself listening to Bowling For Soup an awful lot. I tend to lean to their more serious tracks, but also enjoy ones like "Running From Your Dad" and such.

7. Monroe

Monroe Registered Member

Im also into metal/rock, but I find that "birthday sex" song stuck in my head often. No idea who sings it though. I love Deftones as well.