• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Favorite 80's sitcom

Sherlander

There are so many to choose from! I have to say mine would be Cheers. Night Court would be a close second.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Huge fan of 80s sitcoms but to me nothing compared to Cheers. It's my third favorite television show after all in the family and honeymooners.

Diane was annoying as hell, but the other cast was amazing. Loved Norm the most but Cliff, Coach and Woody are a close second. Man, what an amazing show.

Normmmmm! How's it going everybody?!

Sherlander

Bizzy said:
Huge fan of 80s sitcoms but to me nothing compared to Cheers. It's my third favorite television show after all in the family and honeymooners.

Diane was annoying as hell, but the other cast was amazing. Loved Norm the most but Cliff, Coach and Woody are a close second. Man, what an amazing show.

Normmmmm! How's it going everybody?!
It's right up there for me too. I think my all time tv show list would go MASH at 1 and Cheers at 2.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Couldn't agree more with the Cheers selection. What I liked so much about the show is that they were loaded with great/funny characters, Sam, Coach or Woody, Cliff, Norm and Frasier. They all had something special about them and couldn't get enough even though I've seen every episode 3-4 times each.

My second had to be The Cosby Show

Sabby

Cheers was a great show, awesome characters and laughs a plenty.

Some other 80's shows I enjoyed

Night Court
WKRP in Cincinatti
The Golden Girls
The Cosby Show
Taxi

Magnum PI
The Rockford Files

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
How can I forget about Taxi? Forget The Cosby show as my second favourite..definitely Taxi owns that spot. Latka and Jim are two of my all time favourite television characters. Two of my most memorable scenes have them in it. Jim getting his license at the DMV and when Latka played the "playboy" character.

Sherlander

Sabby said:
Cheers was a great show, awesome characters and laughs a plenty.

Some other 80's shows I enjoyed

Night Court
WKRP in Cincinatti
The Golden Girls
The Cosby Show
Taxi

Magnum PI
The Rockford Files
Classics!

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Night Court and WKRP for sure! Murder She Wrote, Matlock, Three's Company, The Cosby Show, only watched little of Taxi (Never had cable until later) Magnum PI and MacGyver. Knight Rider and AirWolf. Facts of Life. Growing Pains. Family Ties. Newhart. Fullhouse. Family Matters (Started in '89) Watched Welcome Back, Kotter in the 80's. Not having cable in Newfoundland meant you mostly watched old sitcoms years after.

Man... I watched a lot of TV as a kid! (Do the Smurfs count as a sitcom?)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't believe I forgot to mention Taxi. It's definitely in my top five-six television shows of all-time. Terrific writing, amazing actors who portrayed their roles to a tee. Louie was just awesome. But so was Vic Ferrari. If you watched the show often you'll know who he is. Didn't come out often, but he did it was awesome.

Here's on of my favorite scenes in sitcoms.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvn-tBeLpCk

The first time I saw that I cried laughing.