• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NES Favorite 4 NES Games

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, the N64 thread was fun, so I decided to make one myself. This time pick your favorite 4 NES games.

Mine are (in order):

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Super Mario Brothers 2
3. Super Mario Brothers
4. Super Mario Brothers 3

The funny thing is that the US version of Super Mario Brothers 2 isn't the same as the Japanese version. It's actually some other game with Mario characters tossed in at the last second because "The Lost Levels" (as they were called when released on the SNES) were too hard for US kids according to Japanese. I don't know the entire history behind it, but I just thought it was funny because my favorite NES Mario game isn't really even a true Mario game. :D

SamusAran86

Registered Member
4 faforite NES games.... thats gonna be a tough one.

Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.
Rush n' Attack
RC Pro AM

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Andrew said:
It's actually some other game with Mario characters tossed in at the last second because "The Lost Levels" (as they were called when released on the SNES) were too hard for US kids according to Japanese.
:lol: oh that is so wrong... hilarious but wrong

Mario 2 was my favorite Mario game too. It didn't make any sense, but it was so damned creative that it's just awesome.

Favorite NES games:

Double Dragon 2
Megaman 3
TMNT 2: The Arcade Game
Dodge Ball

and in other news....

My 100 contest point post. WOOHOO!!!

100 posts in 3 days. Not too shabby. :cool:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Zelda II: Adventure of Link
Contra (I'm pissed that I traded it to my cousin)
Legend of Zelda
RBI Baseball

Wrecked

Registered Member
The Legend Of Zelda
Bionic Commando
Punch-Out
Final Fantasy [ i dont even like the FF series, but the 1st one was a lot of fun ]

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Ah yes Basewars. Another good rental pickup I forgot. Can't believe I forgot that one. That was sweet. I remember all the excess graphics stuff they used to do with the homeruns. It's like they practically used the homeruns to throw a frikkin' parade and crap. Nutts! :shake:

Ninja Gaiden 3 I actually find to be the easiest in the trilogy. I've memorized the game well enough so that I can pretty much fly right through it, and the action is just awesome.
Guardian Legend I don't find to be too difficult either. The flying levels are pretty tough, and every boss is quite a challenge, but I wouldn't say their difficulty levels are over-the-top or anything. And as long as you write your password down, you're always good to go again.