• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favicons (Smilies)

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
I've been on many forums. I have never seen this coded this way. It's not native to VB.

When you make the smiley face: :)
I am used to: :)

I think you can have multiple codes for one smilie. I've seen it being done.

Just a small suggestion.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if there can be multiple codes for one smile, but if it's possible I would agree with you that this would be ideal. As of our current version of VB it's not possible but I'm planning an upgrade soon that could fix that.

Back when I started this site I had to basically decide between : - ) and : ) (no spaces obviously) and at the time it seemed like the smilies with the noses were more common. I think it's still pretty mixed.

Dabs

Registered Member
It doesn't matter.......a smilie is a smilie!

We can make them with a nose: :)

We can make them without a nose: :)

We can make them sad: :(

We can make them unsure: :-/

And we can make them spit at you: :)~~
------
Ok.....obviously my spitting one doesn't look quite right....but it's basically :)~~ with a nose!

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
Well, yes, but I like the official smiles, not just text. :|

I do too, but when you hit quick reply, the official ones aren't there, and so I make do with my own :)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I disagree. I think smiley emoticons are lame at times, and I like that I can use :) without a lame one popping up. I hate most of the smilies on this site.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah. I requested a few to be added from another site that I used to go to, but my request was denied! Shut down!

Orange just doesn't look right to me for smilies.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does somebody know of a better default set than these orange ones? Or does somebody have a way of converting them all to more of a yellowish color?