• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fav snow monsters thread!

Dekzper

Registered Member
Do you ever build snow monsters? What techniques do you use to build them? Have you ever built one on top of a house? What is your fav snow monster (photos or description)?
We finally got snow yesterday and it was powder so it wouldn't pack. But we did at least start a snow monster and got some great comments. We also did a snow dragon last year (second photo).
We used boards to raise parts of the snow dragon off the ground and used charcoal for claws and icicles for horns. :D We also put yard torches around it. For the snow monster we used 2 big glowsticks for eyes and a kaleidoscope tube for a mouth. It looks awesome at night!

Anyway, what are your fav snow monsters and what techniques do you use? (photos welcome but a description is okay too :nod:)

For bigger pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gopikom/5408553723/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gopikom/5287776757/

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
Monsters don't wear trainers and pink hats!

Interesting idea, though. I've never heard of anyone building monsters, just friendly men with carrot noses.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Ha. I remember the reference to a 'snow dragon'. Pretty cool stuff.

But what is the top on meant to be?, it looks really good regardless of the hat.

Impact

V.I.P.
oooh, I've been waiting for these ever since you mentioned them. I really love the dragon. You should take a pic of the first one at night. Also, glowsticks ftw

Dekzper

Registered Member
Monsters don't wear trainers and pink hats!

Interesting idea, though. I've never heard of anyone building monsters, just friendly men with carrot noses.
LOL! We always do monsters but we did do a snowman with a snow dog when I was younger and I still have the pics of those. :nod: Btw, since the cap and running shoes are mine, it's actually meant to be me buried in the snow and turning into a snow monster! :D

Ha. I remember the reference to a 'snow dragon'. Pretty cool stuff.

But what is the top on meant to be?, it looks really good regardless of the hat.
Thanx! :D Since the cap and running shoes are mine, it's actually meant to be me buried in the snow and turning into a snow monster! :D

oooh, I've been waiting for these ever since you mentioned them. I really love the dragon. You should take a pic of the first one at night. Also, glowsticks ftw
Thanx! :D The dragon was about 8 or 10 feet long and we put yard torches around it! It was tons of fun especially at night! And I will DEF get photos of the 1st one at night cause the glowsticks didn't show very good. It should be awesome tonight and I'll prolly use torches too! Btw, I'm learning to spin glowsticks and flowtoyz so I'll prolly add that in the photo too. :nod:

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
You own a pink hat... lmao - I can't say anything as I've got an ear-muff hat thing that makes me look like 'Pippi Longstocking' - I wear it all the time.

Nonetheless, they are cool models. Much better than the formulaic snowman. If you ever get a proper snowfall again, build summet and post it. It'll be great to see your creation!

Dekzper

Registered Member
You own a pink hat... lmao - I can't say anything as I've got an ear-muff hat thing that makes me look like 'Pippi Longstocking' - I wear it all the time.

Nonetheless, they are cool models. Much better than the formulaic snowman. If you ever get a proper snowfall again, build summet and post it. It'll be great to see your creation!
LOL! Yeah, I get lots of comments about my hat but it's my fav one and I wear it a lot! :D And def yeah, snowmen are okay for little kidz but I'm getting older so I needa be more creative. I wanna do a giant snow alien but I might try summet... If I wont get grounded for the rest of my life, lol! :-o
Btw, I checked the snow today and it still wont pack (total powder) so I might have to wait till tomorrow and try again.
If anyone else has snow monster pics, please share! :nod: