• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Father hits teacher with baseball bat.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Maryland father will not be facing charges after hitting one of his daughter’s teachers with a baseball bat after the teacher refused to leave the family’s home following a texting scandal.

Maryland father hits teacher with baseball bat over ‘inappropriate texts’ with teen daughter
I don't blame this father for being mad. What kind of teacher texts a teen student. He is 42 and she is 15. These texts were called an emotional relationship and if that's true its just one step away from being a physical one.

I don't know if I would have went as far as hitting the idiot with a baseball bat but I can't say he didn't deserve it since he wouldn't leave the parents home when asked. Then again I may have hit him over the texts. That is just so stupid texting a kid like that.

Thoughts?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I wonder why the teacher went to the house to speak to the father? What would that have been about? Kind of creepy. Surely the teacher knows this. At least with many people having investigated the nature of the texts, there was nothing inappropriate (sexual) found, so that's at least a good thing. But still, a 42 year old teacher should not have such a close emotional connection with a 15 year old.

And if it was my daughter, and the teacher wouldn't leave my house when asked, I would have assaulted him as well.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no idea why he went to see the father. Makes me wonder what was going on he felt he had to do this. I wish the story had been a little more informative. Maybe more will come out later. I would like to know what was said that the texts would be called an emotional relationship.

dDave

V.I.P.
42 year old teachers having any kind of relationship (other than as a teacher) to a 15 year old girl has no business texting/emailing her unless it's about classwork or unless they're the coach of the soccer team or something and the girl is on the team or whatever.

Why do some students and teachers just feel the need to have close/emotional relationships? It's fine to like a teacher and likewise it's fine to like a student (not like that, for all you dirty people reading this) but it's really easy to go too far. Too many others have made big mistakes in situations like this so caution should be observed.

What gets me is why this teacher when to see the father. Under what circumstances is that a good idea?