Father goes to jail for kid who cuts school

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by micfranklin, May 21, 2008.

1. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

At least that's the case in this story:

I know it's from FOX news of all places but I really thought there was something awful this father-figure did here, come to find out it wasn't all that.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

How is sending the father to jail going to get his daughter get her GED any faster?

I can understand sending him to jail if she was being a truant, but not this. Maybe she isn't smart enough to get a GED. Maybe she doesn't care about school and doesn't try - even IF her father asked. Maybe...

The court needs to release him. This doesn't solve anything.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

She's 18, she did it all on her own accord.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

God I hate this country more and more each day.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

It's her right to remain stupid.

6. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

lol. I feel that pain. The thing about it is, our system is designed to adjust it's laws to change. Our leaders just aren't getting it done. There are all kinds of stupid out dated laws.

viLky likes this.
  7. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

The only right we have left in America...

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Who gives these judges their jobs?

9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

We must somewhere along the lines because we're the ones voting for the jackasses who are in office. However, I remain steadfast that I have never and will never vote for a Bush lol

As for the jail time now that she's 18? Seems asinine. Now had this happened when she was skipping school I could see it because it's the parents responsibility to take care of their children and one of those jobs is to make sure they get to school as well as make sure they do good one would hope. If all else, hire a freaking tutor.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Besides, unlike God, parents can't be everywhere and every time. They don't see all or know all.