Father goes to jail for kid who cuts school

At least that's the case in this story:

An Ohio man is getting a lesson of a lifetime when he was jailed because his daughter failed her General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Brian Gegner is serving 180 days for contributing to the delinquency of a minor by not following a court order requiring Gegner stay on top of his daughter's education, WCPO TV reports.
To add insult to injury, his daughter, Brittany is now an adult.
The problems began when Gegner's daughter Brittany regularly skipped high school classes 2 years ago, the channel reported.
FOXNews.com - Report: Ohio Man Serves Jail Time for Daughter's Failure to Get GED - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
I know it's from FOX news of all places but I really thought there was something awful this father-figure did here, come to find out it wasn't all that.

How is sending the father to jail going to get his daughter get her GED any faster?

I can understand sending him to jail if she was being a truant, but not this. Maybe she isn't smart enough to get a GED. Maybe she doesn't care about school and doesn't try - even IF her father asked. Maybe...

The court needs to release him. This doesn't solve anything.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
God I hate this country more and more each day.
lol. I feel that pain. The thing about it is, our system is designed to adjust it's laws to change. Our leaders just aren't getting it done. There are all kinds of stupid out dated laws.

Blueyes

Registered Member
We must somewhere along the lines because we're the ones voting for the jackasses who are in office. However, I remain steadfast that I have never and will never vote for a Bush lol

As for the jail time now that she's 18? Seems asinine. Now had this happened when she was skipping school I could see it because it's the parents responsibility to take care of their children and one of those jobs is to make sure they get to school as well as make sure they do good one would hope. If all else, hire a freaking tutor.