• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Father gets restraining order against bully

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Bay Area father has requested and been granted a restraining order against a 9-year-old boy who has been bullying his son, according to 5WPIX.

Bay Area father takes out restraining order against bullying 9-year-old | The Raw Story
This is pretty good when a father has to get a restraining order against a bully because the school won't do anything. Yet let a kid point a finger at someone or kiss a girl and they are expelled. This is so messed up, I think the schools have things a little backwards. Bullies hurt other kids sometimes very badly or cause them to resort to suicide.

Thoughts?

Boy points finger like gun, gets suspended

http://www.generalforum.com/school/6-yr-old-boy-suspended-kissing-girl-107795.html

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I really like this idea. This way, the bully can really learn, within the law, that if he continues this behavior, there will be consequences.

Would the bully need to go to another school now? If there is a restraining order, surely he wouldn't be allowed near the kid, therefore not in the same school?

What I also approve of this, is that the bullies parents are now forced to deal with their kid being a bully, and teaching him that it's wrong.

Good for this dad!!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The father needs to hire a private investigator to get the kids address so they can serve him with this restraining order. The school won't give out the kids address. Seems they are doing more to protect the bully than they are the kid that is being bullied.

I hope they are able to serve this kid the restraining order so the parents will have to deal with it. I also hope the kid is forced to go to a different school.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I can't imagine it would be too difficult to get an address. Just ask a few kids, someone is bound to know where this bully lives. But I'm sure the father will do whatever necessary to get served, considering the trouble he's already gone through.

They should do this with all bullies. Kids should know and understand that bullying is not acceptable and will get you in trouble.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
This is something I've asked for years - Why is it that when an adult physically attacks another adult, it's called assault and the aggressor is a criminal, but when a child physically attacks another child, it's bullying and the aggressor is just "misunderstood?"

Good for that father. I'm surprised there aren't many more stories like this, but I didn't even know you could ask for a restraining order against a kid. Maybe nobody else knew that, too.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't be surprised if more parents don't do this in the future now that they know it is possible to get a restraining order against a juvenile. Which that may vary from state to state.

According to mail online this bully was punching his son so I think the father did the right thing and I would suggest if other parents children are being bullied like this to do the same thing.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
You know I truly believe that these bullies are making homeschooling more of an option for parents. These kids that are being bullied still seem like they are not being helped.
So then what options do parents have to help their child?

But I hope these bullies know as the saying goes look out because there is always another bigger dog in the pound.;)

Seriously I hope the ones that are getting bullied can get help before something seriously ends up happening to them.