• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Father buys boy gun, boy turns around and shoots family

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Video: 14-Year-Old Boy Gets A Gun For His Birthday & Kills His Whole Family! (Even Granny)

Just ridiculous, first off why do you give your 14 year-old son a gun for it's Birthday. We still don't really know if there was a motive behind the shooting itself, but lets be honest here it's just stupid to give someone that young a gun. Most of the people that age are not responsible/mature enough to handle a gun.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
...but lets be honest here it's just stupid to give someone that young a gun. Most of the people that age are not responsible/mature enough to handle a gun.
Because every person is exactly the same, right? I don't see why it's stupid at all, provided they get taught about firearms from a young enough age that they know you don't just shoot an innocent person. And even then, the adult can keep control of weapon themselves if they want to insure that the teenager won't use the weapon during a heated moment.

Yes, some teenagers shouldn't handle firearms (either due to maturity or if they're fucked in the head). That doesn't mean you can blanket all teenagers with the same label.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree with Storm on this one. I know many 14 year olds that had access to guns including myself yet no person was ever shot. But I was taught about guns and the responsibility behind them at an early age, never mind my dad instilling the fear of pissing him off :lol:

I don't know anything about this kid or his upbringing. I don't know if he had mental issues or if his dad just didn't teach him about responsibility, but I don't think it's correct to impugn everyone who gives a gun to a 14 year old kid.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
I don't understand why would someone give a gun as a birthday gift. Not that guns are bad, but I wouldn't give it as a birthday gift.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
In all honesty, what bothers me is that he killed all of them with single shots to the head which makes me think this is not his first time using a gun (possibly ruling out the whole 'giving a gun to an inexperienced shooter' thing out) or that he held them at gunpoint.

Either way, it's incredibly disturbing and hopefully we'll get some more light shed on the situation.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Sad. I wonder what he was thinking.

But like others pointed out, lots of kids have guns. I got my first shotgun when I was 15 and had shot plenty of guns before that. My first experiences were in boy scouts when I was 12 or something.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I don't think its fair of you to blanket all teenagers as untrustworthy of a gun because this one kid decides to murder his family. We have hardly any details of what went on or about the boy himself. I have not had a gun, but I know plenty of kids my age and even younger who do. And they have not shot anyone (i think).

Iris

rainbow 11!
Because every person is exactly the same, right? I don't see why it's stupid at all, provided they get taught about firearms from a young enough age that they know you don't just shoot an innocent person. And even then, the adult can keep control of weapon themselves if they want to insure that the teenager won't use the weapon during a heated moment.

Yes, some teenagers shouldn't handle firearms (either due to maturity or if they're fucked in the head). That doesn't mean you can blanket all teenagers with the same label.

he said most, not all, so i don't see how it's a blanket statement.

this is why i have such a huge fucking problem with guns. who are we to judge who is stable and well trained enough to handle a gun? while i definitely think people should have that right to own one, it just makes my stomach churn to think about things like this when they could be prevented.

i'm so torn on the topic of guns.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Kids in my area are taught about guns from an early age. Hunting is big around here and almost every guy around here has a gun by the age of 16. It's a shame that he killed his family but there had to have been more going on then just the gun.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
he said most, not all, so i don't see how it's a blanket statement.
The question "why would you give a 14-year old a gun for his birthday", stated in such a way to imply that it's a stupid idea, backed up with the statement "it's stupid to give someone that young a gun", and justified with the statement that "most people that age aren't responsible or mature to handle a gun" implies the following train of thought-

Giving a firearm to a 14-year old? How preposterous! Everyone knows that, in the past, some kids with access to firearms have shot people. No, it's better to assume that any given teenager, when given access to firearms, will not be able to handle it. As such, no teenager should be given access to firearms, rather than instilling a sense of grave respect in regards to the firearm, combined with both good instructions on the right way to handle and store a firearm, and direct adult supervision to insure that the teenager won't have 24/7 access to the weapon.

Last edited: