• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fat Forecast: 42% of Americans Obese by 2030

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is a serious problem with health risks just as bad as smoking. I know people that are a lot younger than me but can't keep up with me because they are so fat. I feel for them but they are the ones that have to do something about it.

If you have children that are overweight you need to get the sweets and soda's out of the house. Kids run to the computer anymore instead of going outside and playing with friends. People just don't get the exercise they use to.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I really can't wrap my head around it. Why would anyone wanna be glued to a chair? :confused: I mean, chairs are okay for quick stops but hey, I can't even stop long enough to eat sometimes. There's just tooo many awesome things to do. They needa stop with the food and see what they're missing - obviously almost everything! Obese def doesn't look like a happy place.

BigBob

Registered Member
It's a joke.

My friend is considered obese and he's 5'11", 150lbs. So, in truth, it'll be no where close to 42%.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yet, you can't deny that weight is a problem in this country. I really hope they do something about this. I think starting with the public schools would be the best bet. By giving them a a healthy lunch at school and promoting the consumption of fruits is the best bet. Take away all of the snack foods and if they decide they don't want to eat that, then they can just bring their own lunch.

I also think parents need to be held responsible for unhealthy eating habits. I'm not saying ALL parents who give their kids a snack now and then.... but if a parent is raising a kid who is on the extreme side of the weight spectrum should be charged with child abuse. Again, this is would be if they are feeding them horrible food. if you think about it, NOT giving a kid food is neglect. So how is giving them shitty food not? I mean, it can cause a sorts of health problems, weight, diabetes, heart problems, and everything else.

and don't give me that bullshit that it's expensive.

brown rice is cheap, spinach is cheap, bananas are cheap, and boneless and skinless chicken breasts are cheap (compared to buying chicken nuggets) and hell, buying groceries instead of eating out can save a ton of money.

Last edited:

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
It's a joke.

My friend is considered obese and he's 5'11", 150lbs. So, in truth, it'll be no where close to 42%.
Really? I'm 6'0" 155 and I'm scraping the upper limits of underweight and the lower limits of normal weight.

But i think it has some to do with fat % too.

BigBob

Registered Member
Really? I'm 6'0" 155 and I'm scraping the upper limits of underweight and the lower limits of normal weight.

But i think it has some to do with fat % too.
He's 5'11", 149lbs. There's very little fat there. He's under 11% body fat. Whenever you get on scales that test BMI but have no way of knowing how you actually look, they tell you you're overweight. They tell him he's 22% and again, he's under 11%.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Personally, I think everyone just needs to stop waiting for "them" to do something about it, and do something for themselves. It's not easy to better manage your food vs. activity ratio, but it's not all that hard either. Yadda yadda dependent on government and other SmilinSilhouette-post stuff.