• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fastest game you've given up on?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is there a game out there that you just started playing and you said "fuck it" this is too hard, or it's simply horrible so you completely stopped playing?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Probably Super Mario Sunshine. It wasn't hard. It was more like, "This game sucks." It's probably a decent game, but I was expecting it to be more like Super Mario 64.

Twitch

Registered Member
Lords of the Fallen, recently. Free download on xbox, was clunky and hard to play. Not really my style either.

There's probably dozens of mobile games I've deleted after one play too.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
WET. I strive to give every game a fair go, even if I don't like a game I usually play it for at least 4 hours or so in case it gets better. But I could hardly play past 30 mins of WET.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The Witcher 3.

I'm not going to lie, the chances of me going back to it soon are very high, but I was so bored in the first two hours of that game that I had to play something else. I don't know what the hype is about because it seems like a very bland game gameplay wise.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The Witcher 3.

I'm not going to lie, the chances of me going back to it soon are very high, but I was so bored in the first two hours of that game that I had to play something else. I don't know what the hype is about because it seems like a very bland game gameplay wise.
Have you played the others? I tried playing the first one, and put quite a bit of time into it as I kept waiting for it to improve, but I just wasn't enjoying it so I gave up. I'm still deciding whether I want to try the second game or not.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Star Fox. For the Super Nintendo.

I think I got it for a Christmas gift and gave it to my later-to-turn-out pissant friend at the time because I just COULD NOT get used to the "SFX" or whatever they called it when paper-machete-looking planes fly through what looks like an obstacle course straight out of "Spectre Challenger" for the old Macintosh Performa machines (only with color) and all the while having forest animals yell "whawawawaaahhh... whawawawahhhh...wahwah wah wah..." at you the whole time... and having to divert your eyes to READ the text that says what they're trying to say to you as you're trying to fly these delayed dipshitty controls.

This was before the invention of the N64 stick, and let me tell you... that game needed it. You DO NOT control a plane with a D-pad. I'm sorry, that's just STOOPID.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Mine is a very unpopular choice.

Journey.

I can't remember the actual amount of time, but I quit on this pretty quickly. It just did nothing for me and I had better games waiting for me to play. I've always thought about going back and giving it another shot but only if it becomes a free PS+ game or something.