Fast or slow?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by EllyDicious, Jul 21, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

What kind of eater are you?
    do you eat fast or slow?
    how many minutes does it take you to finish your lunch?

i eat really fast. :shifteyes: i'm done in 6 minutes ... with whatever is on the table .. (whether i'm hungry or not).
    it's not healthy, it doesn't help the stomach digest food, it gives you stomach pain, makes you gain weight .
    it's a bad habit of mine while eating. i never talk and i'm concentrated in it .
    while my father is the last to leave the table.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm a pretty fast eater. Its mostly out of habit though, I'm not trying to be rude by scarfing down my food. In the past I have made literal attempts to slow down (during business lunches and meetings etc) by just talking more.

What usually gets me is I'm probably a standard pace eater, but I just dont talk when its time to eat.... lol I eat simple as that. Usually the other people around me waste time talking when they should be eating, so it makes me look like an expedient eater.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm really fast, although I've slowed down a lot because I'm teaching myself to eat slower so I don't eat as much.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i forgot to say ...
    about 2 months ago i , too, was trying to learn to eat slowly ... but my jawbones would get tired and hurt so i left it at all.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Again, I'm let down because the title of the thread made me think of something else.

Anyway, I don't eat too fast and I don't eat really slow. It depends on what I am eating. If it is hot food I can't eat it too fast. It doesn't take me long to eat a sandwich or a salad though.

Nixola likes this.
  6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Extremely slow. I'm always the last one to finish.

I've tried to hurry it up, but I never seem to be able to. My friends are always complaining that they have to wait for me. lol

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Dont worry.... I thought it was the same thing. In fact I've almost made 2 or 3 threads today that would have fit perfectly in a "GF --> Sex" related section :hah:

Damn Google AdSense!

~~~~~

I remember in one of my business classes (and this is the reason I started watching myself) there was actually a whole section on how you're supposed to position yourself in terms of meetings. One of which was a lunch meeting and how you're supposed to act what with ethics and all that. I thought it was a crock to be honest... hahahaha our instructor pretty much said "order water and talk business, you never want to be caught with your mouthful".

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah I think we need a Sex section. I'm forever getting my hopes up when clicking into thread thinking they're sex related :shifteyes:

Anywho, back to the OP. I'm a fast eater, and usually am first to finish a meal. I like my food, and don't like to let it go cold while sitting around talking.

Bliss likes this.
  9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah that's what gets me too.

I can be an incredibly fast eater (I'm talking an entire bowl of cereal gone in 15-20 seconds) when I'm trying to be, luckily I hardly ever try to eat fast but if I'm rushed then yeah I'll eat fast.

I usually don't like to talk while i eat, not sure why I guess I just don't, I never have anything to talk about while I'm eating. :lol:

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Slow eater. I like to enjoy my meals and not rush through it. It happens sometimes that I do but it's mostly when I'm left with no other choice.