• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fashions you miss

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s look at pictures of ourselves and think "wtf was I thinking wearing THAT". But not all of it was bad. Is there anything you wish would make a comeback?

I remember in the early/mid-90s, the peasant blouse made a comeback, but it only stuck around for about a year or so, which is a shame. They were really versatile and flattering to most figures. Of course we wore them with jeans that had a 9-inch zipper :shifteyes:

Bliss

Sally Twit
Flares and dungarees! I would love to see people walking down the street wearing those.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
There's honestly nothing I can think of really.

I loved backwards baseball caps but you still see that once in awhile. Although it used to be a lot more popular.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Flares and dungarees! I would love to see people walking down the street wearing those.
Not a fan of flares but definitely agree with dungarees! I actually saw some (shorts-style) the other day and was so tempted to buy them haha.

I don't miss any fashion trends that I can recall from my teenage years because I was into a different style back then and didn't really have a clue about anything outside that.

All I wish is that it was socially acceptable to tuck your shirt into jeans :lol: I have no idea why but I love that look with baggy t-shirts and tight jeans. *dork*

Bliss

Sally Twit

It's just not something you see people wear here. I know Americans wear them.. Well, in some films I've seen anyway. But it may just be a stereotype.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
um, no, just farmers. I mean yeah I had some shorts like that when they were around in the mid-90s, but no, we do not wear those off the farm.

Dabs

Registered Member
Not sure what y'all are referring to when you say 'flares' unless it's bell bottoms? I wore those in the 70s and 80s. Then they went kapoot, now they are back! I love them. I wasn't big on tie-dye stuff tho, or the peace signs, both of which are back, I see the children wearing all kinds of that stuff to school. My granddaughter thinks every shirt she owns has to have a peace sign. My Dad made me wear stupid clothes when I was growing up, thank God I don't have none of those crappy clothes coming back in style.
------

It's just not something you see people wear here. I know Americans wear them.. Well, in some films I've seen anyway. But it may just be a stereotype.

Where I live, oh yeah, it's not uncommon to see men wear these into Wal-Mart or other stores. Auto part stores, gas stations....you name it. They are called overalls here.

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
They don't always look farmerish haha.

Like Amy, I thought they were much more common in the US too. But as more of a kids thing.

Dabs

Registered Member
They don't always look farmerish haha.

Like Amy, I thought they were much more common in the US too. But as more of a kids thing.

I have a pair like the top photo. And sometimes, don't ask me why, the fashion statement around here is to leave one button unfastened, and so one side hangs down. I don't do that tho, I wear them just as pictured.