• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fashion?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
When it comes to fashion I am not someone who really cares about; and I am not just talking about clothes. I did not buy a iPhone or a Mac Book Pro to be seen on the street or to have people look at me in a library and say "oh look".

I feel the same way about clothes. I own no brand name t-shirts or shirts because to me it just doesn't matter, give me the choice of a pack of three t-shirts for £5.99 at matalan and that will do me just fine. I do not need to spend twenty pounds on one single t-shirt to feel good. I honestly just do not see the point.

Do you follow trends?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I do follow fashion trends somewhat. I don't want to wear a suit that looks outdated or old, I don't want to wear ties that went out of style 40 years ago, that look like an aquarium, wish fish all over them or styles and color schemes that look old. I also look for deals though. Just today on the way back from the courthouse I stopped at an outlet mall and bought two pairs of walking shorts and three Izod button down shirts. Are they fashionable? Yes, but I also bought one and got the other two for free. I do care about my appearance, I want to look nice. Do I also throw on a t-shirt and jeans at times? Sure, but for the most part I want to look a certain way, like I care about my appearance.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I don't really follow fashion and never have, my standard clothes are black or blue jeans and T-shirts, of which most are black and biker boots, I look for jeans that are going to last and be comfortable more than anything else, T -shirts I buy are normally on the cheaper end because at some point they always end up being worn to work.

I think the most I have ever spent on a T-shirt was a tenner, and for jeans around 25 quid, but I normally buy the cheap stuff.
I have friends who have gone out and spent upwards of a hundred pounds on a single pair of jeans, that to me is madness.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Nope. I don't follow fashion trends. I figure there's no way I can make myself look cool or interesting or hip or presentable... or whatever it is I have to be to keep up with the Joneses. I still look like the same dorky old me whatever I choose to clothe myself in, so I just dress for comfort instead.

I always wear black jeans with some kind of button up shirt, usually black or some other dark shade so that I don't have to bother with colour coordinating. A simple neck thingy and black boots as well. That's it.

Oh, and I tend to buy from op shops if I can, as they usually have the clothes I want at cheaper prices.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I like it I will follow fashion but I'm not glued to it. I will wear what I feel good in and I'm not going to be a walking billboard for some T-Shirt company. I'm also not going to buy a piece of electronics just because everyone else has one and its the latest and greatest.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yes cool clothes cool tech stuff. But no not thats the look and thats me. I have my own look and that IS me. But sometimes style trumps fashion and I do that.
@ Wolfheart. Lol! St. Laurent and Balmain are 250 to 800 pounds each. The really cool stuffs expensive.

brikaben

Registered Member
I won't buy brand name clothes, I don't see the point of buying a brand name shirt to be cool when I can go to a department store and get almost the exact same clothes for less than half the price.

When it comes to technology (phones and computers) than I will get the one that I like, that will do the thing I want to use and I find easy to use - and what brand it is will not make a difference to me.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
When you're on a limited income then you can't afford brand names.
I have clothes that I have had for over ten years now. In fashion? No.
Do I care? No.

I would get absolutely tired of paying for the name because that's where most of
the cost goes to anyway.

As the saying goes if you don't like what you see don't look.

Elanor

Registered Member
I have never been one to follow fashion trends. I wear what I find to be comfortable, but too scruffy. I don't see the point in paying for a brand name either, often you can buy a similar looking item elsewhere for a fraction of the designer price.

I practically live in jeans, then the top I choose depends on what I am doing or where I am going. I have a choice of practical tops or smarter tops, so I usually have something to wear. I even have a dress somewhere, it is probably not fashionable, but it suits me and it's comfortable, which is all that matters to me.

RobbStark

Registered Member
i dont really care about what fashion is all about. I keep goin with what i like and want to wear but at times go with the latest trends