• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fashion Trends

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
1. Are there any fashion trends that you absolutely hate?

2. Are there any fashion trends that you like and are caught up in?

To answer my own questions...

1. I can not stand flat brim hats. They are bad enough when people wear the hats normally, but it's even a hundred times worse when they wear them so the brim is pointed upward.

2. No, I tend to not follow any trends these days. In fact I try to avoid them. Only when I was in middle school and high school did I worry about trying to look cool and fit in.

dDave

V.I.P.
1. Whatever you want to call it. I hate this look in general.

The pants don't look good, the pants are often times much tighter than in that picture, and it looks terrible. This one also includes the flat bill hats. And of course, guys wearing colorful tanks. No, just no. (I do apologize if any of you dress that way)

2. I don't really get caught up in fashion, I never have, and I don't plan to start now. I wear things that are generally good looking, but I don't follow trends at all.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I hate flat brim hats. They seem to have become very popular and I just don't like them. I like caps the way they've always been. I hate skinny jeans, they just look too damn feminine for me.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I wear flat brim hats... but I wear them backwards or to the side... >.<

Anyways, I don't really go out of my way to keep in touch with the latest fashion trends. I'll browse around the store; and if I see something I like, I buy it regardless of whether it's out or in or last season or whatever. It's not what you wear, it's how you wear it. Some people can make a garbage bag look good. :dunno:

I will say though, that I'm not a fan of super skinny cigarette jeans on guys. The guys I used to hang out with during my skateboarding days used to wear loose fit skinny's because baggy pant legs + skateboard = BAD, but their's weren't as tight as the ones I've seen on scene kids lately. Ew, scene kids. I'm surprised their balls don't rub together and start a fire in their pants.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't mind flat brim hats nearly as much on girls. Probably because I usually don't see them wearing them way up on their foreheads with the brim pointing up.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I'm really not a big fan of the current trends for fashion, the whole 'swag generation' or whatever is pretty wack.

-

I'll settle with some dress boots, slim chinos, and a dress shirt. I wouldn't call it a trend as much as a common place though, the whole 'well dressed man' idealism hasn't changed much over the centuries.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I can't stand uggs, crocs, and pointy toed shoes. Apparently I'm just really picky about footwear. I consider these more of fads than trends though. I could be wrong about that. When I buy clothing or shoes I try to go for things that I think I'll wear for several years and won't go out of style quickly.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'll settle with some dress boots, slim chinos, and a dress shirt. I wouldn't call it a trend as much as a common place though, the whole 'well dressed man' idealism hasn't changed much over the centuries.
You could look at the suit to see how little has changed in 100 years for men's dress. Kind of fascinating considering some of the changes that women's dress clothes have taken in that time period. I think it shows that men really are simpler :lol:

I can't stand uggs, crocs, and pointy toed shoes. Apparently I'm just really picky about footwear. I consider these more of fads than trends though. I could be wrong about that. When I buy clothing or shoes I try to go for things that I think I'll wear for several years and won't go out of style quickly.
I actually kinda like crocs, I find them to be comfortable and they breathe fairly well. Pointed dress shoes are cool too. I prefer the kind with the extended toe and the flat front. Pointed toes looks like cowboy boots. If you can pull off the cowboy look, goo for you, I can't.

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
In Australia, we call those snapbacks and I absolutely hate people who wear those especially with the latest trend which is basketball/baseball snap backs and you ask them where that team plays and they've absolutely got no fucking clue. The latest fashion trends in Australia have taken a turn for the worse, I can't believe what I am seeing these days coming from the younger generation. God help us.

I don't follow trends really, if I see something in the store that appeals to me whether it's shoes, jeans, shirts I will buy it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Skinny jeans. Ugh. Here's how this atrocity was invented:

"Goddamnit, I just hate how much air there is around my privates. If only there was some way I could choke the ever loving shit out of them, you know, cut off all circulation and air . . I GOT IT!"

Boom. Skinny jeans.

No I do not follow fashion trends. Sounds pretty inane to me. As if someone is taking scores somewhere? Who cares? Dress comfortably and who cares what some snob thinks about it.