Farthest you've walked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Major, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

What's the farthest you've ever walked in a day?

For me it was about 20 miles a couple years ago on a backpacking trip in Michigan. My plan was to do about 12-15 miles and camp somewhere and then hike to the car the next morning, but there were still a couple hours of daylight left, so I decided to hike all the way to the car. My legs and body were pretty sore. I was carrying a 30-35 pounds pack.

English-Emo-Boy likes this.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

In one fell swoop, around five miles in Edinburugh. In two days I probably did inbetween six and eight miles in Victoria, British Columbia.

I'm not that much of a hiker (though I do enjoy it), most of my serious walking comes from navigating and exploring cities.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think it was probably 30 kilometers which is about 19 miles. It might be further, but I don't know remember because I went to a party and I didn't have a ride back home so I had to walk back home. So I think that's probably the longest I've ever walked.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

19 miles home from a party? Good lord, man. How long did it take you to get home? 6-8 hours? I hope the party was good, at least. :lol:

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Last year I walked all the way from my college to another college that any other time would be a 5-minute drive away. It took me like an hour to get there so it couldn't have been that long a walk.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

About 20 kilometers. I'm too lazy to convert it in miles. It's sort of like a pilgrimage people do once or twice a year (during a feast day or Good Friday, holyweek). I didn't do it for that purpose though. I just wanted to test my endurance and some of my friends were thinking of trying it out for the first time. Oh, and yeah I was a teen and my crush was there. What's better than spending hours walking and talking, right? :hah:

We started walking at 10pm and reached the destination at 4am. In between, there's the usual restroom break and sitting down somewhere, drinking juice, while wondering if we'll ever make it through. The last 5 kilometers were going uphill.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Around 25 kilometres, mates and I walked from one shopping centre, we were meant to catch the bus to that location, but we missed it so we walked and then we missed the train and walked to that other shopping centre as well.

8. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

9 Miles, on a hike in Maine in Acadia State Park. It was the most difficult trail in the Park, and I did it quite well.

9. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

yeah Acadia is very nice, they have some good hikes there and some beautiful sights

the farthest i've ever walked is like 10 miles, i was just walking through the woods and i wasn't really planning on going anywhere in particular and I came out on some road that was like 5 miles from where I started lol, I have also walked on about a 10 mile walk in Acadia going up some mountains (they weren't enormous ones or anything) and then around a lake and back down the road to my car cuz I was too dumb to catch a bus haha

10. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I think the farthest I ever walked was about 5 miles. i didn't have a ride home from work so I just walked home. One co-worker saw me walking and he offered me a ride home and I said no thanks, I need the excercise and plus I didn't want him to know where I lived cause I don't trust him.