• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Farfetch moments in movies

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
What do you think about unbelievable farfetch scenes in an action movie to make the movie more attractive to the audience?

Sabby

The final fight in Commando....no way it takes Arnold's character to kill Bennett. He looked like a flabby Freddie Mercury in a cheap imitation Scott Steiner chainmail t-shirt

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Speaking of commando. When Arnold is holding Sully by one hand. He's strong, but not that strong.

Also, one of the final scenes in Gone in 60 seconds. Good scene, but totally unbelievable.

Sabby

Bizzy said:
Speaking of commando. When Arnold is holding Sully by one hand. He's strong, but not that strong.

Also, one of the final scenes in Gone in 60 seconds. Good scene, but totally unbelievable.
Lol, if you watch that scene, you can clearly see the cable wrapped around Sulley's ankle.

Hell Arnold Jumping out of a plane without a scratch on him. COmmando is a movie with tons uf unbelievable stuff in it

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Commando is a comedy when it shouldn't be. When he goes up against 60 guys with a shotgun and they all have machine guns, not even one bullet hole haha. That type of farfetch I can take. But the crazy stunts from the newer Die Hard, Fast Five or Transporter 3 is what I can't handle. It seems cool and all, but make it at least semi-believable.

willge87

Registered Member
Let off some steam, Bennett!

Other farfetched moments I can think of:

(i) The Galactic Empire being defeated by Teddy Bears.
(ii) Thirty snub fighters successfully destroying the Galactic Empire's greatest weapon.
(iii) The Stormtroopers Effect
(iv) The James Bond villain always keeping him alive.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I'll throw out Mission Impossible II, the editing first of all was totally botched. But the car chase scenes were unbelievable, but the part that took the cake for me was the long, extended fight sequence between Tom Cruise and Dougray Scott. One part is they race towards each other on motorcycles, jump off them, slam into each other, drop a good distance to the ground then get up and start fighting immediately. I'm like "Ok even I can't suspend disbelief for that long"

Sabby

This is gonna get he in a lot of trouble with Dickey's flow and Bizzy. and by the way I love the movies, and the farfetchedness is what reeled in the viewers

But in Rocky 1-4 he should have gotten his ass kicked everytime. He was always up against someone bigger and stronger (sometimes faster)...oh and the trainers should have taught them to play a little defence. I've never seen so many unanswered hits to the end in my life lol

Sabby

BourneofDarkness15 said:
I'll throw out Mission Impossible II, the editing first of all was totally botched. But the car chase scenes were unbelievable, but the part that took the cake for me was the long, extended fight sequence between Tom Cruise and Dougray Scott. One part is they race towards each other on motorcycles, jump off them, slam into each other, drop a good distance to the ground then get up and start fighting immediately. I'm like "Ok even I can't suspend disbelief for that long"

I call that the John Woo effect. Yeah, that fight scene was pure farce