Fantasy Lit?

Thugnasty

Registered Member
Does anybody read fantasy literature? If so, what authors/series are your favorite? Do you read epic or YA, or both? Let's talk...

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Tad Williams is my favorite fantasy author, and maybe my favorite author in general. Though, I haven't been reading a lot of fantasy (or much fiction at all) lately. That seems like something I need to fix.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It sucks because I'd love to read more but it's clear that there's so much "junk fantasy" out there. I've heard RA Salvatore is good but nothing else yet.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I'll read everything Michael Moorcock writes. Especially anything having to do with The Eternal Champion which includes his ELRIC saga, CORUM and HAWKMOON.

Who else...

Robert E. Howard
Gene Wolfe
Fritz Leiber
Lin Carter
George R.R. Martin
Karl Edward Wagner

Thugnasty

Registered Member
Nice, thought I was the only one.

Jim Butcher is great...he writes the Dresden Files.

Others? Let's keep it going....

martyclark

Registered Member
Theres a lot of fantasy books out there. almost as much as there is romance books. lol i read a lot of them, but my personal favorite is called the silent tower by barbara hambley. its very thought provoking and is kinda a mystery novel along with wizards and stuff. its one of my favorite books. I recommend it to anyone that reads this type of stuff

Thugnasty

Registered Member
Nice....I'm always intrigued by female authors, especially in fantasy. My niece is all about the Fairy Godmother Academy website...from what I'm told the book comes out soon as well. Kind of neat to see the whole interactive/web cross-promotion machine in effect.

I like Juliet Marillier as well. She's written some adaptations of Celtic mythology, which I really enjoyed.

Thugnasty

Registered Member
Theres a lot of fantasy books out there. almost as much as there is romance books. lol i read a lot of them, but my personal favorite is called the silent tower by barbara hambley. its very thought provoking and is kinda a mystery novel along with wizards and stuff. its one of my favorite books. I recommend it to anyone that reads this type of stuff
Nice, thanks for the rec...I'm always particularly interested to read female authors' takes on the fantasy side of things....any other favorites?