• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fantasy Hockey 2018/2019

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Would you still do -2 for a loss? So 5 for wins, -2 for losses, and 7 for shutouts. I think that sounds pretty damn good. A lot more fair. The only other stats available for goalies are saves, shots against, goals against and games started. I don't see a point in adding any of those. Saves maybe but it would have to be like 0.25 for per save or some shit haha
Ya, I am fine with still giving out -2 for a goalie loss and not adding any more categories for the goalies.

The thing about goals and assists though...they're the most important parts of being a player and should be worth the most. Like...should a hit be 1 point...the same as an assist? Doesn't make sense to me. Blocks, shots on goal and hits...I'm okay with adding them all. But how much they should all be worth is tough to decide.
Makes sense. I would still be fine with leaving an assist to one point, but still give three points for scoring a goal.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I like goals at 3, assists at 2. The others at 1.

5 for a win, -2 for a loss and 7 for a shutout seems good as well.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm all in for 5 for a win, 7 for a shutout, and -2 for losses. We really only needed to nerf shutouts a bt anyway. Let's not add any more to the goaltenders.

.25 for a hit sounds fair IMO. From my (limited) understanding hits are fairly common. No way a hit, goal, and assist should be the same amount of points. I like @Konshentz's idea of tiering the ponts by importance.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Okay so I think we agree on the goalie stuff until we hear from someone else. Danny said he marked the draft date on his calendar to make sure he's there and that he's gonna pay more attention this year. So that's good. Is everyone good with the 30th? I told him it was subject to change.

As far as the skater stats I like...

Goals 3points
Assists 2 points
The stuff we had at 1 point last year, stays at 1 point

I assume I can do quarter points...I hope I can. Because a hit or block should be 0.25 each, I think. Shots are more important so maybe a half per for those??

Konshentz

Konshentz
I assume I can do quarter points...I hope I can. Because a hit or block should be 0.25 each, I think. Shots are more important so maybe a half per for those??
That sounds good to me.

And the 30th works perfect for a draft date.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Sounds great to me. We're going to get a huge boost to skaters and balance out goaltenders. I'm also good with the 30th and I'll try my best to be there. Sunday is always the best day for me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sunday works for me, too.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright cool. We'll keep it on the 30th unless something else changes. Would you guys prefer the afternoon or evening? Right now its 7 central, 8 eastern. Might be easier in the afternoon? Or maybe not?

@Konshentz I have updated your keepers to Malkin and Benn

And good news I was able to edit to make blocks and hits worth 0.25 per and shots on goal are 0.50

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm usually home on Sunday's, so either or works for me.

I'm glad that we are adding block shots, hits and shot on goals this year. It will make the draft more interesting and the same with the season as a whole.

Once again, thanks for looking after this @Millz