• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fantasy Hockey 2018/2019

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm usually indifferent on scoring.

Goals/assists/points for forwards/centers
Blocks/Hits for defensemen?
Wins/Losses/Saves/Shutouts for goalies.

Edit: Holy third round, Batman. Do I have any fourth and fifth round picks? I really don't remember. It should balance out somewhere around the sixth or seventh round.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm usually indifferent on scoring.

Goals/assists/points for forwards/centers
Blocks/Hits for defensemen?
Wins/Losses/Saves/Shutouts for goalies.

Edit: Holy third round, Batman. Do I have any fourth and fifth round picks? I really don't remember. It should balance out somewhere around the sixth or seventh round.
I'll take a look here in a few. I think it would be fun to add a couple categories.

You have no picks in rounds 5 or 6 but do have one in round 4 (5th pick in round 4) All is normal after the 6th round, I think.

Bizzy has two picks in each of rounds 5 and 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Konshentz

Konshentz
I like our stat categories as is. I just think maybe we should lower shutouts from 10 to 5. And that's coming from someone who has used goalies to his advantage the last two seasons. Haha.

Although, I do like blocked shots and hits. Hmmmm, not sure though. I'm cool with whatever.

And looking at the draft, I regret my trade last season. Hahaha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I say we have for all forwards/d-men:

-Goals
-Assists
-Blocked shots(1 point)
-Hits(1 point)
-Shots on goal(1 point)
-Power play points (1 point)

Goalies:
Wins
Shutouts

In addition, you lose points for a goalie loss.

The categories where I have not listed a point system, I am willing to hear what others have to say.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like our stat categories as is. I just think maybe we should lower shutouts from 10 to 5. And that's coming from someone who has used goalies to his advantage the last two seasons. Haha.

Although, I do like blocked shots and hits. Hmmmm, not sure though. I'm cool with whatever.

And looking at the draft, I regret my trade last season. Hahaha.
That's how I feel about a trade in baseball that I got fleeced on.

@Babe_Ruth I'm all for using losses to balance out points for goalies. If we're going to do that I don't mind leaving shutouts in the 6-8 point range instead of the 5 that @Konshentz posted since the negative points will have a similar effect.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last year we had negatives for losses...

7 for a win
-2 for a loss
10 for a shutout

This is what it was for the skaters...

3 for a goal
2 for an assist
1 for a power play point
1 for a short handed point
1 for a game winning goal

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's how I feel about a trade in baseball that I got fleeced on.
Me too...I'm screwed in the baseball draft next year haha. That trade did not help at all. In fact, both my pitchers got hurt lol

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See, I think it should be five for a goalie win, 7 if he gets the shutout. I think that makes a lot more sense.

In addition, I wouldn't mind lowering goals to two points, assist to one - if we add blocked shots, shots on goal and hits - which I think we should, since it will make things more interesting.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
See, I think it should be five for a goalie win, 7 if he gets the shutout. I think that makes a lot more sense.

In addition, I wouldn't mind lowering goals to two points, assist to one - if we add blocked shots, shots on goal and hits - which I think we should, since it will make things more interesting.
Would you still do -2 for a loss? So 5 for wins, -2 for losses, and 7 for shutouts. I think that sounds pretty damn good. A lot more fair. The only other stats available for goalies are saves, shots against, goals against and games started. I don't see a point in adding any of those. Saves maybe but it would have to be like 0.25 for per save or some shit haha

The thing about goals and assists though...they're the most important parts of being a player and should be worth the most. Like...should a hit be 1 point...the same as an assist? Doesn't make sense to me. Blocks, shots on goal and hits...I'm okay with adding them all. But how much they should all be worth is tough to decide.