• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fantasy Hockey 2018/2019

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why? Looking at rankings and last year's scoring Panarin and Erik Karlsson are both close to each other in value from what I can see. I've seen Eichel, Hedman, E. Karlsson, and Panaarin all ranked between 27-33 on. Am I missing something that should make this an easier decision? Position availability?
Karlsson was not healthy last year. He was still recovering from a surgically repaired ankle. Now he says he's 110%. On top of that, it's his contract year. Personally, I believe he's going to have an amazing season offensively.

Panarin is coming off a great season, however, I just do not see him duplicating it.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I made the right moves to be in position for this season. That doesn't mean that I'm going to do well. Just look at my Baseball and Football records.. top three is the norm for me there. I'm the EdgeHead of our fantasy league.

That being said I'm keeping MacKinnon and either Panarin or Karlsson. I need to think about the second one more.
I'm not sure I know if I should be upset or not.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I assume we don't have anybody here on popmalt that wants to join the league, right? I just wanna make sure. 7 teams is such a small amount that it would be nice to have more but I dunno who to add anyway haha

To add on, Smelnick doesn't pay much attention so its basically 6 teams...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I assume we don't have anybody here on popmalt that wants to join the league, right? I just wanna make sure. 7 teams is such a small amount that it would be nice to have more but I dunno who to add anyway haha

To add on, Smelnick doesn't pay much attention so its basically 6 teams...
Let me know if you want someone else. Disclaimer: it would be someone that I i know on twitter.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let me know if you want someone else. Disclaimer: it would be someone that I i know on twitter.
I'd kinda like it keep it to guys and gals who are actually on the site. I only bring it up incase there's a name out there that I am forgetting.

Otherwise, I'm perfectly okay with the amount of teams we have.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
One thing I'd love to do is an offline draft...does anybody like that idea? Basically...you have a day (or shorter haha) to post your pick and then it goes to the next guy. This makes very an interesting draft and nobody misses the draft because it is ongoing. Thoughts?

The only negative I can think of is Danny and his involvement...otherwise I think we'll definitely be done in time before the season starts.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My keepers are going to be Auston Matthews and Patrick Kane. Kane is ranked 7 and Matthews 11 sooo I kinda had too. Its tough to let Price go but hey, we're lowering shutouts anyway right?? ;)