Fantasy Hockey 2018/2019

I tried drafting like we were still playing by last year's rules and it burned me bad. Goalies are going to be like kickers and defense for me in football, pick something up at the end of the draft and then stream when needed. The days of Justin riding two elite goalies to a championship are dead and gone. RIP. Haha.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeeeah we're going to have to balance goalies out next season. Big turn in the wrong direction, lol!

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
The goalies took a hit but I mean without them...I finish way worse than 2nd place.

Goalie point totals:

Millz: 450
Bizzy: 371
Smel: 343
Kons: 221
Unity: 213
Edgehead: 205
Doc: 189

Last year I got 580 points from goalies...so a decrease but not as much as you'd think. Kons, on the other hand, got 725 from goalies. Which is considerable. We need to make wins worth more or add another stat category.

The stat that needs to be corrected is the shots on goal. Steve and I got over 2000 points from shots alone...somehow shots are worth more than goals...assists...everywhere else! Needs to be changed.

What other stat categorizes do they offer for goalies? I'm guessing saves and assists would probably be the two we could tweak?

Maybe the goalie decline isn't as bad as I assumed... but when Steve dropped all his goalies and still wasn't able to be taken down, I knew we needed a big change. Haha.

Over 2,000?! That's more than half of what my entire team scored in all categories all of last season. Hahahaa.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think saves would be the easiest thing and the one that makes the most sense...but it would have to be a low number per save...like 0.25.

But if you make 30 saves...that's 7.5 points. That's crazy high. Can I do 0.10 per save? 30 saves is only 3 points then. Seems more reasonable.

I think 0.10 for a save is definitely reasonable. And if you drop shots on goal to .25 we'll be back to a nice balance. At least better than this season.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think 0.10 for a save is definitely reasonable. And if you drop shots on goal to .25 we'll be back to a nice balance. At least better than this season.
Hopefully the site will let me do 0.10...I don't see why not since I can manually type in the number. We shall see next year.